THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Why take Kabalites?

Go down 
+18
FuelDrop
Burnage
Kantalla
CptMetal
lcfr
masamune
Thor665
Deris87
Chippen
Voidhawk
Lord Nakariial
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Count Adhemar
Subsanity
Azdrubael
Tounguekutter
|Meavar
TheHostwiththeMost
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 00:46

I mean if you really want ground pounders with darklances a 5-man squad of trueborn can take 2 lances, which is relatively cost effective for a back-field camper unit.

I will say that our lack of a proper Havoc/Devastator/Heavy Weapon Team/Dark Reaper/Broadside/Loota/Hive Guard unit (heavy weapon focused infantry) is a problem if we are ramming other units into the role to try and make something fit. Our nearest equivalent (Scourges) are really designed more for special weapons than heavy weapons, as they lack any way to move and fire without penalty (unlike heavy destroyers, which fill a similar niche for the Necrons), and just having them sit still is a bit of a waste of points as we are paying a premium for their jump packs.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 01:08

FuelDrop wrote:
I mean if you really want ground pounders with darklances a 5-man squad of trueborn can take 2 lances, which is relatively cost effective for a back-field camper unit.

I will say that our lack of a proper Havoc/Devastator/Heavy Weapon Team/Dark Reaper/Broadside/Loota/Hive Guard unit (heavy weapon focused infantry) is a problem if we are ramming other units into the role to try and make something fit. Our nearest equivalent (Scourges) are really designed more for special weapons than heavy weapons, as they lack any way to move and fire without penalty (unlike heavy destroyers, which fill a similar niche for the Necrons), and just having them sit still is a bit of a waste of points as we are paying a premium for their jump packs.

I used to do this back when Trueborn could be 3 man units............. I really miss that Sad

Actually..... i just miss 5th codex a lot... adjust the points and give me the 5th and i'll be the happiest little dark eldar player ever.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 01:19

amishprn86 wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:

I used to do this back when Trueborn could be 3 man units............. I really miss that Sad

Actually..... i just miss 5th codex a lot... adjust the points and give me the 5th and i'll be the happiest little dark eldar player ever.

Agreed. 5th edition was a great time for the true kin.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 06:11

Cause Aeldari encompasses both Druhkari and Asaryani which I guess means Aeldari is the <species> keyword and Druhkari and Asaryani are the <faction> key words
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 17:01

Thought Aeldari was a faction. Learned something today Smile
You can still go Ynnari, though. We do have lots of options for factions.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 18:08

Aeldari is a faction.....

Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 19:25

So if I'm building a list and I want a Battalion detachment...
Can I bring Eldrad and a Troupe Master
Then 3 units of Kabalites
and any mix of DrewCarey, Harlequin, and Craftworld?

OR...a DE Detachment is nothing but DE; Harlequin detachment is nothing but Harlequin, etc?

(we've debated this numerous times locally)
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 19:30

You can take an Aeldari detachment as the rulebook offers the option of an Imperium detachment. ITC are making the not unreasonable alteration that to get Objective Secured you need a Drukhari detachment.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09 2017, 20:11

nerdelemental wrote:
So if I'm building a list and I want a Battalion detachment...
Can I bring Eldrad and a Troupe Master
Then 3 units of Kabalites
and any mix of DrewCarey, Harlequin, and Craftworld?

OR...a DE Detachment is nothing but DE; Harlequin detachment is nothing but Harlequin, etc?

(we've debated this numerous times locally)

The BRB pages 214 and 240 goes into some detail about it.

You just need 1 faction Keyword to be the same, some rules same they have to be keyword "XZY" to gain the benefits from or limited play with some units, aka Ynnari, or some HQ's with Bonus's.

Codex's are giving bonus's for taking certain amount of Keyword "XYZ" and staying with a certain faction like "Drukhari" or "Craftworld".

Currently there is no reason to stay one faction. My Harlequins plays with Hemlock and Bomber as a good support for them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why take Kabalites?   Why take Kabalites? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why take Kabalites?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3