THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Model Placement, GW answered!

Go down 
+3
Lord Nakariial
nerdelemental
amishprn86
7 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Model Placement, GW answered! Empty
PostSubject: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04 2017, 14:30

So i asked GW via facebook this;

So this is coming up and we are arguing about it (a friendly constructive argument).

When you have a model, like a Storm Raven or another example a Bunker/Bastion.

Lets say you have a Fly unit, and you are allowed to be within 1" (you charged). OR its a friendly unit with Fly and a Friendly building/storm raven.

Question: Can you place your model on top of another model, aka a Fly squad on top of the Storm Raven or Bastion?

Here is the response;

Model Placement, GW answered! Ps75Pe5

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04 2017, 15:03

As an artist first and foremost, if anyone, ANYONE tried to put their model ON MINE it would be a really dark evening at the LGS.
Someone's model, at the minimum, would be smacked straight across the room.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04 2017, 15:15

nerdelemental wrote:
As an artist first and foremost, if anyone, ANYONE tried to put their model ON MINE it would be a really dark evening at the LGS.
Someone's model, at the minimum, would be smacked straight across the room.

I was arguing that you cant do this, but some...... waac players you know.

This was one of my arguments, models dont touch.

Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04 2017, 16:10

I once played a guy that has set himself up as the local "authority" on the game. Haughty and arrogant in play. *Everything* must be WYSIWIG even in friendly play.
It was still 7th and he wrecked my Raider. While I had turned to grab the Kabs to drop them out of their taxi, he took my Raider, pulled it off of its base, and tipped it over. On a board that some lunatic had glued sand and rocks down as terrain, making it coarse sandpaper at best.
I lost my mind.
Explained up and down about etiquette, how paint behaves, how there's never a time for anyone to touch another person's models unless specifically given permission to, and NEVER flip them over on a table.
He took several weeks off, and it was clear he was no longer the alpha in the room.

*HE* might put his model on another player's model. But if I was in the room I'd open the gates of hell.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04 2017, 16:49

nerdelemental wrote:
I once played a guy that has set himself up as the local "authority" on the game. Haughty and arrogant in play. *Everything* must be WYSIWIG even in friendly play.
It was still 7th and he wrecked my Raider. While I had turned to grab the Kabs to drop them out of their taxi, he took my Raider, pulled it off of its base, and tipped it over. On a board that some lunatic had glued sand and rocks down as terrain, making it coarse sandpaper at best.
I lost my mind.
Explained up and down about etiquette, how paint behaves, how there's never a time for anyone to touch another person's models unless specifically given permission to, and NEVER flip them over on a table.
He took several weeks off, and it was clear he was no longer the alpha in the room.

*HE* might put his model on another player's model. But if I was in the room I'd open the gates of hell.

Oh yeah, i fully agree with you

Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 05 2017, 14:23

I like the relationship GW is building with their fans now and this is another great example, even throwing in a bit of humour Razz

From an individual point I had a player ask this exact same question this week, to which I gave him the answer you have all stated.

Hellion
BlastaRasta

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 00:46

that picture is actually hilarious!! XD

but down to the rules on why that's not savvy..

all distances are measured from the base, and as such that Yncarnne is not within 1" on the valkrie base and as such is not in combat with said miniature (in addition to the unspoken rule of, dude get the hell off my gun boat)
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 01:27

BlastaRasta wrote:
that picture is actually hilarious!! XD

but down to the rules on why that's not savvy..

all distances are measured from the base, and as such that Yncarnne is not within 1" on the valkrie base and as such is not in combat with said miniature (in addition to the unspoken rule of, dude get the hell off my gun boat)

I didnt agree with him at all, nor did the other 20 people talking about it, thats why i went to GW honestly to shut him up.

But on page 176, on the side, it literally says measure base to base unless it doesnt have a base.

His argument was the vehicle has Hover and so you measure the Hull and then it lets you do this.

Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 07:44

This is sort of similar to my solution that canifexes cannot hurt the people on the first floor of ruins (even though their scything talons are pushing models away if you move it close to the building). Then I suggested to put the carnifex upside down. Then the base would be within one inch, for some reason people did not egree that it was a good solution... No idea why XD

Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 08:03

|Meavar wrote:
This is sort of similar to my solution that canifexes cannot hurt the people on the first floor of ruins (even though their scything talons are pushing models away if you move it close to the building). Then I suggested to put the carnifex upside down. Then the base would be within one inch, for some reason people did not egree that it was a good solution... No idea why XD

Does anything force you to pose the Carnifex on the ground ? You could tilt his base to make him escalade the terrain. That would be realistic, cool looking, and solve the distance problem.

Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 07:17

Mppqlmd wrote:
|Meavar wrote:

Does anything force you to pose the Carnifex on the ground ? You could tilt his base to make him escalade the terrain. That would be realistic, cool looking, and solve the distance problem.
Something to to with the centre of gravity for most carnifexi models being about 1-2 inches off of the base level. Once you tip up past ~30 degrees, the thing falls onto its back.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 09:07

You have to remain on the bottom floor, if you can get your base within 1" of their base and still be on the bottom floor, then yes you can do it, it doesnt matter if you model tips over, the is wobbly model syndrome and you just say its there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Model Placement, GW answered!   Model Placement, GW answered! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Model Placement, GW answered!
Page 1 of 1