THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress

Go down 
+2
Evil Space Elves
POwell0
6 posters
AuthorMessage
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 20:55

Hi all,

So i have decided to start up a project log for my new DE army. Hopefully it will spur me on to actually finish painting things and get a whole painted army out of it. Its never happened yet (had my Tau for nearly 3 years and only a Third is painted).

Anyway, the new DE range is awesome and i think it deserves some effort on my part. I am currently painting up my Transports and have 2 finished Raiders, a finished Venom and 1 more Raider ready for Basecoat. I am doing my vehicles first so that i can check my colour scheme works on the larger models, therefore it should translate ok to the infantry (with some slight modification of course).
I do have some projects in mind for the likes of Trueborn, a bits built Talos and other bits and pieces which a friend will be helping me with.

I am in no way what i would call a good painter/modeller so im not expecting perfection so any feedback on techniques to improve are most welcome.

I will be uploading photos of my work as soon as i can figure out how to (not very tecnologically minded either LOL).

Hope you enjoy

Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2011, 16:59

So i finally figured out how to get my photos up so here goes

My current (finished anyway) transport pool
The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress P1030321
The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress P1030322
Will be getting more venoms (i love these things) and maybe do a special one for my HQ's
The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress P1030323
The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress P1030324
Will be getting at least another 4 or 5 Raiders. Can never have too many.

And last but not least
The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress P1030325
Heldana Linvail.....Succubus of the Cult of the Withered Mistress. My first EVER conversion of which i am quite proud.

Well thats all for now. I will be working feverishly in the next coming weeks to finish the models i have at the moment (1 Raider, 20 Warriors, 20 Wyches, 3 Reavers, Cronos and 3 Sslyth). Will update as and when i finish these guys

Enjoy...all comments welcome
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2011, 17:01

I really dig the brass hulls. Haven't seen that yet on DE vehicles. The purple sails really complement the brass color. More please!
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 16:20

Just a quick update. I have converted and painted my Archon this weekend, also now have another Raider which has been built but not yet painted.

Finally decided on my infantry colour scheme so will be plodding along with that for a bit until a new influx of models at xmas time Smile. Pics to follow shortly (i hope).
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 16:32

Great work so far Powell,

One small thing you may wish to consider is to paint the bases that you put sand on. You can do with a basic Black then flick it with a quick grey (or whatever color of your choosing) drybrush. It will really make those bases pop!

I also like the brass & purple combination, looks great.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 22:40

The color combo looks pretty good. I like the conversion with the wyche as well.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Archon Zarkalus
Hellion
Archon Zarkalus

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 23:26

I really like the brass coloration on the hulls. I would have never thought of brass as a Dark Eldar color, but it really works.

It looks like a heavy-brush of brass over a black basecoat..... Right??

I have done similar techniques with my Grey Knights.

I eagerly await seeing your warriors.
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 10:00

Its actually a heavy brush of Shining Gold over a black basecoat, then a REALLY heavy Thraka Green wash, then Lightly dry brushed with more Shining gold to take away the splodges and drips from the wash. This way the gold darkens to the brass colour and gives a nice smooth finish
Back to top Go down
Archon Zarkalus
Hellion
Archon Zarkalus

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 10:39

POwell0 wrote:
Its actually a heavy brush of Shining Gold over a black basecoat, then a REALLY heavy Thraka Green wash, then Lightly dry brushed with more Shining gold to take away the splodges and drips from the wash. This way the gold darkens to the brass colour and gives a nice smooth finish

Oh wow....was I off. Thanks for the help..

I am trying to devise a theme and right now, I am looking at a Hellraiser-esque theme with a Haemoculi Coven. The brass/gold color would be really cool for them. I was afraid of using black with brass/gold trim as it would look like the Black Legion CSM.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 10:58

That sounds pretty awesome, and would look really good. I agree that they would look a lot like the Black Legion but with some other spot/highlight colours it would detract from their look and make them unique and very interesting
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 14:48

So here is my newly converted and painted Archon

The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress P1030327

And the start of my warrior squad
The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress P1030328

I know the painting is not great but i am not a painter by nature so hopefully it will improve throughout doing this project log.

I have some Incubi and a Megaforce on the way in my xmas gifts so will be feverishly modelling and painting over the holidays. Including a Dark Elf/Dark Eldar mix to make up some trueborn.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 16:23

POwell0 wrote:
I know the painting is not great but i am not a painter by nature so hopefully it will improve throughout doing this project log.

Just keep it up, the mopre you paint, the better your models will look.

Btw, the conversion on the Archon is simple but effective, I like it.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 14:13

I agree.

Good work, simple but effective.

And the more you paint, the better you will become. I look forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 17:41

Thanks guys its nice to know my efforts are ok and consideringthe level of painting/modelling expertise i see on here im quit ehappy about these comments.

As for the Archon conversion i am much more into simple and subtle conversions than making things drastically different. A simple head and weapon swap is enough for me.

However for my trueborn i am going to completely change their look from the warriors (or at least i hope so) as i think trueborn would be quite unique in their armour and weapons so no 2 should look the same. Hopefully the paint job will help to keep them in tie with the warriors and Archon whilst being set apart as something altogether different. Only time will tell when i get my modelling knife out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress   The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of Broken One and Cult of the Withered Mistress
Page 1 of 1