THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Czernobog44
Slave
Czernobog44

First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated Empty
PostSubject: First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated   First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 02:31

This is my first time painting 40k models (or any model for that matter). Below is a brief album of the results. I tried edge highlighting with a brush that ended up being a little too big & will be getting a smaller brush before painting my other models.  I also got a little lazy with the back.

My army is going to be DE with some harlequin support.  I'm going for a paint scheme of greens & purples for my vicious & psychotic drukhari. The more mischievous, yet still deadly, harlequins with predominantly be painted with reds, whites, & blacks. I may or may not be nicknaming my archon 'Mister J'...

First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated Kabali10
First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated Kabali12
First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated Kabali11
First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated Kabali13
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated   First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 09:25

I wish the first model I painted looked anywhere close to that good.

Mostly, just keep painting. You're going to learn a lot just from the practice and getting more comfortable with the paint. Remember to keep your paint thin.

Oh, and don't forget about the base.

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated   First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 00:00

Calyptra wrote:
I wish the first model I painted looked anywhere close to that good.

This Wink

If this is your starting point I can tell a little effort will get you very far!

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated   First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 16:07

It looks amazing for a first model. Honestly.

My first one was about all flat paints not thinned down, with some unexpected overflowing.

Calyptra wrote:
Oh, and don't forget about the base.
Didn't even noticed the absence of basing >.>

Anyway nice color scheme, very proper painting & techniques. You definitly should carry on, you got potential.
And don't hesitate to ask if you got any questions Wink

First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated   First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Kabalite painted. C&C welcome & appreciated
Page 1 of 1