THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2,000 Wych Cult

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 23:04

Hello again all!

I'm back with another Wych Cult list. All this Craftworlds hype has me thinking about ways to out-cool our more noble bretheren. What better than a fast paced drug using army of gladiators?

I started a thread a while back, but, after so many iterations I figured I'd create a new one. This is the list I have been consistently playing and I find it to be amazingly fun and competitive while staying true to the Wych Cult theme. Would love to hear what you think. For those who read my previous post you'll notice there aren't huge changes, just fine-tuning.

Bring us our codex GW...

2,000 pts
Outrider Detachment
Spearhead Detachment
Drops = 14
Command Points = 5

HQ
Succubus {Hypex} - Blast pistol [82]
Succubus {Hypex} - Blast pistol [82]

ELITES
Beastmaster {Splintermind} (Warlord) - Agoniser [60]

TROOPS
Wyches (5) {Adrenalight} - Hydra gauntlet, agoniser [53]
Wyches (5) {Adrenalight} - Hydra gauntlet, agoniser [53]
Wyches (5) {Serpentin} - Hydra gauntlet, agoniser [53]
Wyches (5) {Serpentin} - Hydra gauntlet, agoniser [53]

FAST ATTACK
Razorwing Flock (12) [168]
Hellions (5) {Grave Lotus} [85]
Hellions (5) {Grave Lotus} [85]
Reavers (3) {Painbringer} - Blaster [105]
Reavers (3) {Painbringer} - Blaster [105]

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager - 3x dark lances, shock prow [156]

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS
Raider - Dark lance, shock prow [116]
Raider - Dark lance, shock prow [116]
Venom [80]
Venom [80]

Last edited by Tricktock on Thu Oct 26 2017, 08:41; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 00:03

im not sure blast pistols are necessary with 14 lances in fact i think i would take some dissy's
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 00:26

right you are @sumguy777 thanks for the feedback!

I agree that the blast pistols are unnecessary on the Wyches but I love them on the Succubus. With 10" move and 2+ accuracy, it allows for some nice character assassinating or scraping off a few vehicle wounds.

I edited the original post. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 00:32

Looks pretty nice.

How do you fit everyone ? Succubus 1 venom each, or 1 succubus & 5x wyches in raiders ?

Also would love to hear about your strategies...

And even if you're a pure DE adept, I'd recommand at least testing using a farseer with doom, it really helps ^^.

Also, no bloodbrides ?
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 01:59

Oops, I forgot to explain the strategy here...

The main idea is to tie up or take out anything that is a threat to our maneuverability. I advance the wyches and birds as quickly as possible to tie up units while the Ravagers prioritize flyers and vehicles. The Ravagers still advance with the rest of the army to provide additional overwatch soak charges (in case the venoms and raiders are down). The Hellions assault where needed and the Reavers speed around claiming objectives.

Each Succubus rides in a Raider with an adrenalight Wych squad. The two serpentin Wyches ride venoms. The Beastmaster is my warlord for the +1 leadership trait, making my birds effective leadership 10. He is vulnerable to snipers though, so occasionally I'll block line of sight with my vehicles.

As far as bloodbrides go, i like them, but I just can't seem to justify the points for 1 more attack. Maybe others have had better luck? And Farseers... Honestly, I would love to add one, but I just don't know where he would fit lore wise and play style. I'm also keen on avoiding redundancies, and I feel like a large portion of my doom targets would be units that my wyches are attacking, rendering the hydra gauntlet upgrade useless. I know that's just me being nitpicky though.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 07:31

Thanks for sharing ^^

Do you wait turn 3 before charging for 2+WS for everyone ? Or charge in as soon as possible ?

Regarding bloodbrides, I find that the point cost is high for what it does, but I love watching a unit of 9 (drug +1 attack) with a succubus drown anything in saves.

Regarding farseer, usually I find it better with poison weaponery (rerollable 4+ *-*) but it really helps making those S3 attacks wound on wyches. The hydra gauntlet also gives a -1AP so I'm fine with redundancies. Or I give them Shardnet/Impalers and send them hunting multi wounds models :p

So far so good.
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 08:37

Hopefully in the DE codex bloodbrides will have a bit more to differentiate them from wyches than +1 attack.

I know what you mean about the farseer/doom and poison weapons. It's seriously amazing what they can dish out together!

As for what turn I charge, it really depends on the opponent and what tactical objectives I have. Being an MSU mobility focused army, it's easy to get coverage across the board, so I typically play for objectives rather than attempt to table my opponent. So the sooner I can lock things in combat and prevent them from shooting the better. That being said, if I can out maneuver the enemy's guns then I will certainly try to hold out for the turn 3 charges.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 19:26

I dont really run flocks without access to doom i would try to have a way to deal with ap targets. mandrakes or meaduses with an archon. i know that you losing the theme of your list but in terms of play-ability it would help you out greatly.
Back to top Go down
Tricktock
Hellion
Tricktock

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 21:24

I want to emphasize that my strategy is to win by objectives. I use the flocks and wyches to tie things up so that the mobile units can easily score. I do have a few things to deal with armor: agonisers, hydra gauntlets, bladevanes, archite blades, and darklight weapons. But again, that's not what I'm worrying about as much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2,000 Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2,000 Wych Cult   2,000 Wych Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2,000 Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1