THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zyrael
Slave
Zyrael

Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag Empty
PostSubject: Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag   Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04 2017, 00:30

So lately we are playing a slow grow league locally. Starting at 400 pts then increasing 70 pts each week.

I'm finding I have a lot of trouble at these levels. A big part of the problem is that the Archon is dead weight. He doesn't support or assist his army at all. He's just a tax I have to pay.

But on the advice of a friend I tried playing the Aeldari tag instead of Drukhari. This allows me to bring a Farseer in my HQ slot and still get in blasterborn and mandrakes.

So, aside from Webway Portal, what am I missing out on?

This seems like a really great way to play DE right now, until we have a proper codex.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag   Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04 2017, 00:56

Zyrael wrote:
So, aside from Webway Portal, what am I missing out on?

Craftworld traits and strategems, and objective secured for your troops.

None of those are really necessary to have, and especially when you're working with such a low points cost you're going to get more mileage out of a Farseer than any of our HQs.
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
Britishgrotesque

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag   Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04 2017, 17:38

Instead of the archon, have you thought about using the haemonculus? He's a decent close combat fighter with the electrocorrosive whip, and if you give him our new relic with his new warlord trait, he becomes pretty durable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag   Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeldari vs Drukhari detachment tag
Page 1 of 1