THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? Empty
PostSubject: Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?   Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 14:18

It used to be that if you had, say, a Wych unit in a Kabal detachment, they would all lose their obsessions. I can't see anything that says that in the new codex. All I can see is the Raiding Forces section on pg49 which just says that (eg) Kabal units get a Kabal obsession in a Kabal detachment. But there doesn't seem to be anything preventing a Cult or Coven unit being in that detachment; they just wouldn't get their obsession.

Am I missing anything or is that an unsung boost that should really have been trumpeted during our extremely disappointing reveal week?

sweetbacon and Stea1k like this post

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?   Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 14:54

I would say RAW that it’s perfectly legal to mix in a unit from another faction and still keep the primary faction’s obsession. The unit being added would lose theirs though. After all one of the big preview selling points for the new codex was that there be less restrictions for mixing different factions. So it seems totally legit to me.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?   Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 18:35

I'm tempted to throw in some beasts (which are blades for hire, so they don't count... but the beastmaster is still wych cult - though he probably *should* be under blades for hire, since beastmasters seem far enough removed from the standard wych cult units) with either a Kabal or Coven detachment.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?   Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 19:49

I was more thinking of a Cronos in a Kabal detachment but a big flock of birds for some screening isn't bad either.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?   Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 13:14

Looks perfectly legal to me. Page 88 says one Kabal, Cult and Coven per Detachment, so it looks intended that detachments can mix now.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Drek
Slave
Drek

PostSubject: Re: Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?   Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 22:53

Count Adhemar wrote:
I was more thinking of a Cronos in a Kabal detachment but a big flock of birds for some screening isn't bad either.

FYI: Beast units now state that they can only be taken in a detachment with a Beastmaster. Which is a change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?   Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there now anything preventing mixed units in a Drukhari detachment?
Page 1 of 1