THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative Ssylth Models

Go down 
+4
aurynn
Kantalla
masamune
Lord Asvaldir
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Alternative Ssylth Models Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07 2017, 04:41

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find a recent answer, looking for some alternative ssylth models. The current GW ones aren't bad, but they've been out of stock for awhile, I don't like finecast and I wouldn't mind finding something cheaper so got plenty of reasons for alternatives. Anyone know of some good 3rd party ssylths?
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07 2017, 10:14

Heya,

Sslyth parts
https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=601

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&prodcode=73&prodname=Medusa+with+paired+weapons&id=118&Itemid=53

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&prodcode=76&prodname=Medusa+with+spear&id=118&Itemid=53

http://sirenminiatures.com/store/witness

Those are alternatives, not much cheaper though.
You can still search for third parties with the terms "snakes, snakes man, medusae, etc."
I had some in my personnal list a long time ago but they were too different (or needed to much conversions) to be used as decent sslyths. You should be able to get some snakes men with bow (stock) for around 7-9€.

Cheers

Alternative Ssylth Models 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Alternative Ssylth Models 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07 2017, 14:42

Cheers those look like some good alternatives. Cheaper would have been ideal but not the end of the world, only need 2 ssylths anyway at the moment.

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07 2017, 19:40

I started a Sslyth conversion a while ago using a box of Lizardmen Temple Guard. Much bulkier than regular Sslyth, and you would need to turn the legs into a tail and add another set of arms with the Shardcarbine, but I quite like them as a base.

Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 17:51

That sounds like a pretty cool idea, I imagine the second arms set is difficult to add on though.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11 2017, 18:30

Kantalla wrote:
I started a Sslyth conversion a while ago using a box of Lizardmen Temple Guard. Much bulkier than regular Sslyth, and you would need to turn the legs into a tail and add another set of arms with the Shardcarbine, but I quite like them as a base.

Can you share photos please? Didnt see them in your PLOG.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12 2017, 01:54

I have only got one in progress model at the moment, as other projects have got ahead of it. Will try to fish out and take some pictures.

I found the spare Shardcarbines and arms from the Scourge kit were able to fit underneath the Temple Guard arms.

Back to top Go down
Rusty293
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 10:49

How about these

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Daughters-Of-Khaine-Melusai-Blood-Sisters-2018
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2018, 01:02

Those are a really good base for Sslyth conversions. Nice find.

Back to top Go down
DOGGED
Hellion
DOGGED

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2018, 17:13

Only problems I see (as I did when looking for Sslyth alternatives before just going on buying 4 and trying to use arm positioning to differentiate them) are that the heads are not comparable to that of the Sslyth model, which actually is a great work. Other snakemen heads I don't quite like them enough as to consider as good alternatives.
Although the new Frostgrave plastic snakemen could combine with the AoS DoK Naga to make nice enough base models for Sslyth...

Hellion
Klaive

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 05:25

Hi - just stumbled across these and remembered this thread. Three different types of model here that could very easily (and cheaply) substitute for Sslyth.

https://tradersgalaxy.com.au/product/lamiar-gun-slaves/

Dark City Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11127-the-rusty-klaive

Painting Blog: The Rusty Klaive
Back to top Go down
DanielTA
Slave
DanielTA

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 19:00

I've been thinking about using the Snakeman Warrior from Reaper miniatures Bones range. (I'm new to the forum so I can't post links apparently, but just search for "snakeman".)

Need to give him some guns, maybe some extra arms. Not sure about the size, but I think it will work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Ssylth Models   Alternative Ssylth Models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Ssylth Models
Page 1 of 1