THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative Archon bitz/models?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darthvegeta800
Hellion
Darthvegeta800

Alternative Archon bitz/models? Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Archon bitz/models?   Alternative Archon bitz/models? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 08:45

I've finally assembled all I need for my DE army project next year. Bar 3 Ravagers and...
Although I have 2 models I'll use as alternative 'Dracon' lieutenants I still want to make a rather uniquelooking Archon through a simple kitbash.
I'm using the Dire Avengers for the Elite DE aristocracy. Probably kitbashed with some bitz of the DE Kabalite Warrior sprue. I love the crested helmets and since I'm using a lot of the old style Dark Eldar warriors... I'll be using plenty of Greekish helmetplumes.

The archon is probably going to fall in the same 'regal' sleeker vein as the elite units of my army.
I'm rather inclined to using an Eldar spear/glaive for his weapon though.
A robe or cloak would definitely be cool too. I could theoretically use a Dire Avenger spear though so the model does not persay have to come with one.
I'm especially looking for one that has few Craftworld linked symbols as removing some of those symbols can be a pain.

I was looking at http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440172a&prodId=prod1700055a&rootCatGameStyle=  Prince Yriel who looks really awesome as a Dracon.

I also like the Eldar Aurchon with Power Weapon
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440172a&prodId=prod1160035a&rootCatGameStyle=

A cheaper way would of course be just to get 2 Dire Avenger units turn them into the Elite unit by mixing their bitz with Kaballites and keep the squad command bitz for the Archon.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Archon bitz/models?   Alternative Archon bitz/models? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 10:32

you can knock together a pretty simple kitbash using an incubi body, spare heads and the awesome sword from the warrior/wyches sprues. stick the PGL from the warrior sprue on there and give him a pistol/blast pistol and you're all good.
alternatively, give him a hellglaive from the hellion kit, they look pretty badass.
The spare knife/grenade kit belts you get in the hellion/wyches kits can go on the incubi body too and you've got a cheap and simple kitbash sorted!
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Archon bitz/models?   Alternative Archon bitz/models? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 11:34

Try with the autarch, they should make for good conversions.
Incubi could work too, they have some nice heads.

My archon follows the "no helmet = leader" style, and I gave him one of the bald warrior heads, but Autarch-body with an archon/incubi (they both look quite the same) head could look great!

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Archon bitz/models?   Alternative Archon bitz/models? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Archon bitz/models?
Page 1 of 1