THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Unit drops, and who goes first

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Unit drops, and who goes first Empty
PostSubject: Unit drops, and who goes first   Unit drops, and who goes first I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 09:04

So I see a lot of people making lists with low amounts of units to put on the table so they have a better chance of going first, ignoring reserves for that count. My local shop plays that reserves are 'set into reserves' as one of your deployments, meaning if you have the same amount of units as your opponent, and you have 1/2 your army in reserve, you still have the same amount of drops. Whats the correct way to play this?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Unit drops, and who goes first   Unit drops, and who goes first I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 10:41

With reserves as drops I think.
Because (I think in the tyranid Q&A but not o100% sure) it mentions that you even specify in where you put them (underground, in hive nodes, outflanking etc)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Unit drops, and who goes first   Unit drops, and who goes first I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 10:45

Yep, placing a unit into reserves is still a drop. Best way to reduce number of drops is by putting as many units as possible into transports as the transport plus all embarked units only count as a single drop.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unit drops, and who goes first   Unit drops, and who goes first I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unit drops, and who goes first
Page 1 of 1