THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BoLS drops some really interesting Warhammer/AoS related news

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

BoLS drops some really interesting Warhammer/AoS related news Empty
PostSubject: BoLS drops some really interesting Warhammer/AoS related news   BoLS drops some really interesting Warhammer/AoS related news I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2015, 04:00

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/09/kings-of-war-is-growing.html

tl:dr - a number of major tournaments just officially announced that Warhammer 8th and AoS will *not* be supported at their events, but that Kings of War will. Per a player driven initiative.

This bit of news is very interesting to me, even though I play none of the above listed games. It's kind of a signal from the competitive scene about the current direction of GW. Now, I don't expect this bit of news to even ruffle any feathers at GW as they have already shown that they don't care, *that said* something like this may indeed make a dent in the market share, because though assuredly some armies will continue to be filled with GW figures it is a major coup for the arguable profit capability of Mantic's models.

I, personally, would like to think of this as a healthy wake up call that they may notice some pain from in due course.

Then again, maybe this will prove GW right and it won't affect them much at all.

But I do think it will have an interesting result in the future for the company one way or the other.
Back to top Go down

BoLS drops some really interesting Warhammer/AoS related news
Page 1 of 1