THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods Empty
PostSubject: Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods   Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07 2018, 19:52

I was thinking about this recently. There are currently four active Aeldari and Chaos gods. Who seem to follow similar themes:

Khorne & Khaine = Slaughter & Murder
Tzeentch & Cegorach = Plotting & Trickery
Nurgle & Isha = Disease & Healing
Slaanesh & Ynnead = Death of Aeldari & Rebirth

What do you guys think? Did I miss anything? Is there some grand scheme going on?

DOGGED
Hellion
DOGGED

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods   Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 09:40

Elzadar wrote:

What do you guys think? Did I miss anything? Is there some grand scheme going on?

More like they are deities based on basic principles:

Fight (both Khaine and Khorne are gods of war)

Nature (the cycle of death and rebirth of nature is the theme of Nurgle and Isha, even if they seem to focus on one particular aspect of it)

Change (the motive force of life and survival; to avoid stagnation and decay, in the sense of an impossibility to development, is something Cegorach and Tzeentch embody)

Death (the necessity of death to generate life and survive, in a sense not dissimilar to both Isha's and Cegorach's themes, is the very reason Ynnead is there).

Really, all of them are about the same: catarsis, change and motion as keys to the survival of species. The Chaos gods are embodiments of such principles, so they, being the means, have become their own ends; the Eldar gods are more like shepherds or tutors who specialize on determined aspects to help their children, using means to achieve ends.

You can't really compare Slaanesh to Ynnead, except that both use the death of Eldar to further a cause. Slaanesh consumes souls for its own pleasure (which is actually its cause). Ynnead uses the death of Eldar to empower the Eldar (as should be the cause of a parent deity)...

Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods   Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2018, 10:28

I figured this video is relevant to this topic Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods   Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeldari Gods mirroring the Chaos Gods
Page 1 of 1