THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Weapons to take vs marines/primaris

Go down 
+5
Mppqlmd
Kantalla
|Meavar
FuelDrop
Toanyonebutyou
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Toanyonebutyou
Slave
Toanyonebutyou

Weapons to take vs marines/primaris Empty
PostSubject: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 05:30

Hey guys,

New to the DE scene and my local meta is dominated by Marines, no big shocker there.

Played my first real game as DE vs them today and I couldnt really deal with their armor saves.

Im still building my army so I didnt have any blasterborn in a venom but barring that stratagy what do you guys do vs marines? I found my splinter weapons to be pretty weak vs them.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 06:21

Blasters/Dark Lance/Disintegrators.
We have one answer for everything. Fortunately it tends to work pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Toanyonebutyou
Slave
Toanyonebutyou

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 06:56

FuelDrop wrote:
Blasters/Dark Lance/Disintegrators.
We have one answer for everything. Fortunately it tends to work pretty well.

I was thinking about disinegrators but they are so damn expensive
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 08:06

They are, but against marines they are worth it I think.
Blasters might sound cheaper, but consider that you have around 9 dissy shots (3 dissies) for under 200 points.
The blasters have a much smaller range, and if you want them in a vehicle as well you are around 300 points for a similar amount of shots.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 08:43

Check the link in my signature for a mathhammer analysis to answer your question in detail.

The *best* options against Marines are Mandrakes, Archon+Medusae and Incubi

Against Primaris Marines, Disintegrator Ravagers, Clawed Fiends and Hellions are great offensive choices.

In that context best means the most damage output for the points cost. You do need to be careful in considering how resilient and mobile those units are in some cases too, so you might go a less powerful option with better survivability.

The Voidraven in the analysis doesn't include its bomb, and against the right target that can pay for the unit by itself.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 12:23

Against MEQ, ossefactors. They are the real stuff.
Against TEQ, dissies.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 12:37

Mppqlmd wrote:
Against MEQ, ossefactors. They are the real stuff.
Against TEQ, dissies.

Ossefactors are great, but due to the Wrack tax required to take them I struggle to think of them as being cost effective.

To clarify: Wracks are a perfectly good unit in and of themselves. It's just that taking them to get Ossefactors means you're paying for a melee unit to get access to a ranged weapon, and you cannot upgrade the whole squad with guns so you can either be in melee (wasting the potential of the Ossefactor) or at range (in which case the rest of the squad looks kinda silly), and paying 130% of a squadmate's cost for a gun that you intend to fire only once or twice before charging...

I dunno, I'd just rather bring more darklight to the party.
Back to top Go down
Voidhawk
Hellion
Voidhawk

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 14:59

The first question for almost all new Dark Eldar players: How many Ravagers are you bringing? If it's less than 3, you almost certainly want more.

Care to post your list?
Back to top Go down
Toanyonebutyou
Slave
Toanyonebutyou

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 15:18

Voidhawk wrote:
The first question for almost all new Dark Eldar players: How many Ravagers are you bringing? If it's less than 3, you almost certainly want more.

Care to post your list?

Sure. Its a really really bad list. It was dependent on what I had built at the time and trying to reach 2k to play with my friend

HQs
-----------------------------------------------
Urien Rakarth - Warlord - regenerist
Archon - Agoniser - parasites kiss - PGL
Archon - Agoniser - PGL
------------------------------------------------

Troops
10x Wynches - hydra gauntlets - PGL
5x Wyches - hydras - PGL
5x Wyches - Hydras - PGL

Fast Attacks
5x Hellions - PGL - Stunclaw
3x Reavers - Grav Talon
3x Reavers - Grav Talon
3x Reavers - Grav Talon
7x Scourges - 4 Blasters

Heavy Support
--------------------------------------------
Reaper - Big ass cannon
Talos - Scalpels, Splinter Cannon
Talos - Scalpels, Splinter Cannon
-------------------------------------------

Flyer
----------------------------------------
Voidraven Bomber - Dark Scythes - Voidraven Missles

Transports
Raider - DarkLance - Shock Prow - 10x wyches
Raider - DarkLance - Shock Prow - 2 units of 5x Wyches
Venom - 2x Splinter Cannon - carries urien and the 2 archons
-----------------------------------------

Like i said, its a crap list haha I dont have the good stuff put together yet.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 00:19

That.... is yeah not a good list for SM's lol
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 00:27

That... that is a spectacularly bad list.sorry, but pretty much everthing in Wych Cults sucks atm. As does the Talos.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 05:43

If you KNOW you're facing marines... taking 6-8*5 wracks all with ossefactors in dissie raiders is very effective.
You could argue that taking the same amount of dissie ravager would be more effective... but then you'd also complain that spamming ravagers is boring.

Wracks are fun to play. Ossefactors are hilarious, AND they are a monstrosity against MEQ. They are one of the few fun alternative to the darklight spam in the index.
Back to top Go down
Toanyonebutyou
Slave
Toanyonebutyou

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 05:51

FuelDrop wrote:
That... that is a spectacularly bad list.sorry, but pretty much everthing in Wych Cults sucks atm. As does the Talos.

i know lol

I hope to swap out the Talos for ravagers

wyches for warriors

and reavers for.....anything else, prolly blaster born
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 05:53

Quote :

Take scourges. They are what blasterborn always wished to be (+ gorgeous and super cheap models).
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 06:46

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :

Take scourges. They are what blasterborn always wished to be (+ gorgeous and super cheap models).
Scourge models are probably my favorite thing that GW produces atm. They are exquisite.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 06:51

I really like the Corsairs back, i'm so glad i have 40 of them, tho i do also have 15 Scourges.

In 7th i had a full Jump army and it was really fun.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 06:55

@Mppqlmd

Still not sold on the ossefactors, SOLELY because you have to take a bunch of wracks to keep the shooter company. It really feels like a tax on a cool and flavorful gun.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 07:28

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :

I like the models and they are not as pricy as some others, but you still pay 5 euro for an infantery guy.
I still remember the good old days when I bought boxes of 20 guys for the same price.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 07:51

Times change, prices change. My house is literally 1/2 the cost (after taxes and Inflation) as it was in the 90's.

But back on topic, Dis Cannons like many said!
Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 10:30

Has anyone tried taking five units of 20 wyches (100 wyches)
900 points in a 2000 points game
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 11:15

DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ wrote:
I am sure someone has tried that once, but it does beg the question: Why would you ever do this?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 11:23

FuelDrop wrote:
I am sure someone has tried that once, but it does beg the question: Why would you ever do this?

Because a) you really, really like Wyches or b) you're a masochist
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 12:48

Count Adhemar wrote:
FuelDrop wrote:

Because a) you really, really like Wyches or b) you're a masochist

I got into DE in 5th edition to play a Wych cult.

It has been a very painful few editions.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 12:56

5th Wyches had a really good role tho, 5 Girls with HWGs in a venom to break open the parking lots worked great... until Necrons and GK's that is lol.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 14:52

You'd have at least 60 wyches with the +1 A drug (more if you bring more cult units that your 100 wyches and a succubus).

Don't footslog though. Bringing 10 raiders is a lot more fun (doesn't fit in 2000pts anymore).

Sure, you'll lose, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapons to take vs marines/primaris   Weapons to take vs marines/primaris I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapons to take vs marines/primaris
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next