THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Primaris Problem

Go down 
+6
sweetbacon
Burnage
DevilDoll
Lord Weston
dumpeal
CptMetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 21:30

Hey.
I'm a casual player first and foremost and the primaris player just keeps kicking asses in our group.
I am planning to bring 4 raider, two archon, 2×9 warriors with blaster 2×5 warriors with blaster, 1× Dissi Ravager, 2×5Incubbi
in a small 1000 points game.

Flayed skull ftw!
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 23:43

get rid of the incubi and get 1 more dissie ravager
Back to top Go down
Lord Weston
Hellion
Lord Weston

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 09:47

Yeah I would be inclined to second that. What sort of lists does the primaris player bring?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 10:13

3 of that snipers, 2 squads of those heavy bolter jump packs, many Primaris and that deep strike denying character.
I'm not sure it I miss something.

Yeah, sadly I only got one ravager and that one rocks lances as many of my raiders.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 12:22

I know how you feel...
When I'm playing with my space marine friend I feel like I have to struggle to do everything right no mistakes whatsoever on top of sacrificing a virgin to have the god of dice in my favor, while he casually rerolls everything (literally no unit misses ever) and I have to rely on luck to save the mirad wounds coming my way...
The only time I have even a small chance is if I go first and manage a good alpha strike in case of bad positioning on his part and even then I have to struggle the next turns to not get shot of the board...
The only thing I can offer as advise is to forget close combat altogether and bring more shooting as much as you can muster try to hide as much as you can and hope for the best...
This is the meta now unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 12:24

More Disintegrator Cannons are the best solution here, but even with them it's going to be rough. Marines are in a really strong slot currently.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 13:14

Ravagers, Razorwings, and Grotesques are your answers. If you don’t have those then Dark Technomancer Raiders and Venoms are a good plan B. If you’re wiling to ally in CWE, Dark Reapers, Shining Spears, and CHEs have been really effective for me. Additionally, the new and improved Drazhar is excellent at killing Primaris marines. Regular poison, however, is going to largely bounce off them and you will continue to struggle if you rely on it instead of adding more disintegrators.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 15:59

I got 2 Razorwing Jets. You think those will work too?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 19:18

Yes razorwings are defiantely a good choice
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24 2019, 13:04

Honestly, in 1000 points I will not change your list. He will struggle to take down 4 Raiders and 1 Ravagers, and you're keeping safe your infantry. Keep it.
Do you have Drazhar maybe? Swap 1 Archon (and few Incubi, just make 1 unite of 6-8 models) with him will be my change.

Don't take more Ravagers for now, you will find yourself better with your infantry being embarked
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24 2019, 20:06

I had a game yesterday against Iron hands, 1500 pts. In all honesty I don't know if he was doing something wrong, but I would have won had I gotten a second turn.

My main winners were 3 units of ten kabalites, each with 2 blasters and a dark lance. Two of the units had a raider driving them around. Raiders with disintegrator of course. He had three of the new flying transports, so popping the flayed skull strat on the raider and people inside let me focus those down pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 08:54

I like your list l, it just needs a few tweaks. I agree with Cerve about combining your incubi into a squad of 7 or 8 and have the Archons Ride with them. I have ran this single melee raider squad before at 1000pts and it works well. So long as you hide and keep the melee raider safe until it strikes.

This way you can make your other 9 elf kabalite squads into 10 elf squads and either pick up a second special weapon or a heavy one, with the spare points.

Side note: If only Archon's Auras worked in transports... but I digress.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 19:12

That's my state of the list at the moment:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [56 PL, 999pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Type: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

Archon []: Famed Savagery, Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol, The Helm of Spite, Warlord

Archon []: Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +
4x
Kabalite Warriors []
. 5x Kabalite Warrior+ Blaster

+ Elites +

Incubi []
. 7x Incubi + 1x Klaivex

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager []: 3x Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport
5x
[b]Raider []:
Disintegrator cannon

++ Total: [56 PL, 999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Alternatively I can swap the Incubbi for a Razorwing Jetfighter.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2019, 12:33

Well usually if I play against primaris I just spam dissies and they rip them apart.

Never tried the new Incubi though.

EDIT: Raiders with warriors are a solid choice in most cases.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2019, 07:55

https://i.servimg.com/u/f27/19/29/51/28/img-2010.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f27/19/29/51/28/img-2011.jpg

That's his before and after picture against our craftworld player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Primaris Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primaris Problem   Primaris Problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primaris Problem
Page 1 of 1