THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zyrael
Slave
Zyrael

Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod Empty
PostSubject: Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod   Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 15:33

This is my attempt to make a model for Drazhar that lives up to his rules and fluff... and look like it was sculpted in this millennium.

So the core body is a Solitaire. The remainder of parts are taken from a resin Incubi. The arms weren't too hard, tho I did have to cut off the right shoulder from the Solitaire entirely and shave the area flat. The left arm was just a matter of cutting to the elbow. I notched the right hand blade for uniformity as well. For the legs the work was more extensive. I had to cut off the lower leg to the knee, then round the remainder and shorten an extra smidge. After extensive work to separate and shave down the incubi legs, I then had to use a rounded file to make a groove in the back side of the legs so they could pull up into the jumping pose. Finally the mask wasn't complicated, but the filing did take hours. The face will be finished up with green stuff to surround the lower face with a cowl.

I'm happy to show an option for people not satisfied with stock, but also open to any critiques and criticisms on improving the work. Thanks!Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod Img_2011
Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod Img_2010
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod   Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 07:24

Nice. It's a bit weird to see him withtout the traditionnal incubi armor, but the conversion is neat Smile

Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
DOGGED
Hellion
DOGGED

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod   Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 09:55

Nice lot of work, very dynamic. Myself not being sold on the current Drazhar version (which I find very good for its time of release but dated nowadays), I'd always welcome such an effort to the table.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod   Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 14:17

Thats really nice! I like it!

Must ask, can't make out the bottom of the face. Is a top-face mask only? Or is something going down there?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Zyrael
Slave
Zyrael

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod   Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 14:52

Squidmaster wrote:
Thats really nice! I like it!

Must ask, can't make out the bottom of the face. Is a top-face mask only? Or is something going down there?

There's a noticeable scale inconsistency between the incubi head and the solitaire face mask. To make the thing work I had to shave it off JUST below the eyes. The remaining space below will be covered by a cowl made of Green Stuff. I also have to use it to obscure/reinforce most of the join points.

Where I'm at I just have to add his back totems and put him on the solitaire base, but add some deck spears from a raider coming out of the ground.

For visual reference, check this:
Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod Raziel-mod-icon
Back to top Go down
Zyrael
Slave
Zyrael

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod   Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 14:56

masamune wrote:
Nice. It's a bit weird to see him withtout the traditionnal incubi armor, but the conversion is neat Smile

I definitely know what you mean. I had to make a decision about the foundation model, and the Solitaire could most easily be made into an interesting pose. Drazhar's armor was not uniform to modern incubi anyway, so in my vision he's using tech salvaged from hunted craftworld/harlequins for personal force fields and slimming his armor down for speed.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll get some more photos in as I progress with modeling, priming, and painting. The paint scheme is metallic red for armor plates, daaaaaark brown for the coat, and black/metallic black accenting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod   Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drazhar, Master of Blades - Extensive conversion/mod
Page 1 of 1