THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drazhar, Master of Colours

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Drazhar, Master of Colours Empty
PostSubject: Drazhar, Master of Colours   Drazhar, Master of Colours I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 00:10

Drazhar, Master of Colours Hd5Cu5R

Here's the dude himself.
Excuse the overflash, he looks way darker and less pink in real life.

I like the idea of him being a phoenix lord, but I haven't read any more about it, in case I stop caring.
Phoenix lords are like, the epitome of a certain Aspect of Khaine, right? I hope I'm right.
Since Draz is an old nasty one, I liked to think of him as related to the Aspect concerned with human (sentient humanoid, whatever) sacrifice.
All earthy browns, dried blood red, some bronze for antiquity... Honestly, flash aside, that's what he looks like.

Dunno where to go next with his swords and skully handguards (which frankly look like they're from Target, sort it out Draz)

Skulls - same metal as the rest of his metal? Something else?

Blades - I wanted obsidian blades for the fluffy reasons mentioned above, but does anyone know how to make that look good? How to get a shiny looking black? Gemstone technique across the whole blade sounds difficult. Failing that, suggestions pls. He needs to "pop" a bit more, but I'm not done highlighting etc.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Colours   Drazhar, Master of Colours I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 02:02

Oddly my first thought on the color scheme was 'Iron Man'.

For an Obsidian effect I can think of a handful of methods - mostly the final step involves putting some 'Ardcoat or other gloss finish on it after the painting to give it a glossy effect. I think that would sell 'obsidian' well. I suppose if you want to avoid gloss finish then painting it black with sharp skull white highlights is the other method.

Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Colours   Drazhar, Master of Colours I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 09:23

Haha! He does look something like a very curvaceous, flamboyant iron man.
I was thinking 'ardcoat too. It would be nice to get some kind of reflected-looking colour in there too, but I don't think I'm really at that level of painting yet. We'll see.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar, Master of Colours   Drazhar, Master of Colours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drazhar, Master of Colours
Page 1 of 1