THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Morth76220
Slave
Morth76220

Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament   Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11 2018, 18:28

I currently have a 1k list that has won me about 1 or 2 games in practice of over 10 games. In the tournament and normally, I will be playing against 4 flavors of marines, an adeptus mechanicus, tau, death guard, potentially other dark eldar, and potentially necrons. I am new to 40k only been playing for the past 2 or 4 months and I usually am getting destroyed or tabled every game.
My current 1k list is 1 battalion detachment of Drukhari and 1 patrol of Ynnari
1 archon w/ agonizer, blaster, and pgl
1 haemonculus w/ electrocorrosive whip, and relic pistol
2 5 man kabalite warrior squads with a blaster, agonizer, and pgl each
1 6man squad of warriors with a blaster, agonizer, and pgl
1 5 squad of scourges with 2 blasters
1 RWJ with dark lances and splinter cannon
1 raider with a dark lance and shock prow
1 venom with 1 cannon
1 Yvraine
1 5 man of rangers
What do you think I should change, or swap out to have a better chance against who I play?
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament   Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11 2018, 19:30

If you can, give the scourge 4 dark lances instead of the blasters. And if you are going to use Yvraine you might as well put them all in one battalion detachment and run them as ynnari so she has more than one target for her psychic powers, like the scourge, giving them a second shooting phase which is basically 8 darklance shots a turn
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament   Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11 2018, 21:25

I'm not seeing the benefit of mixing Ynarri and DE here.  It should either all be Ynarri to make use of soulburst, or all DE to make the most of PfP.  Unless you make Yvraine your warlord, you can't have any other ynarri units, and if Yvraine is your warlord you can't get the DE warlord trait or relic.  The haemonculus also seems out of place without any coven units to buff up.  What is the benefit of a haemi over another archon, and what is Yvraine there to accomplish?

Snipers don't do much damage, so you need a high volume of fire if you really want them to pick off a character.  A 10 pack of rangers only does 2.22 wounds to a SM captain unsupported, and 5.19 wounds when Yvraine buffs them with Ancestor's Grace and Word of the Phoenix.  Less than that if they have a -1 penalty for moving, of course.  5 rangers really won't do much for you.  Putting those points into a 5 pack of Mandrakes will do a lot more for you; their guns are flat out better per shot, will shoot twice as many times, and then you've got three attacks per model on top of that.

You're spending a lot of points on upgrades rather than more bodies, which is going to make your army even more fragile than DE are to begin with.  You've got 23 points of upgrades in each warrior squad, which is almost four warriors each, and the 15 points for a splinter cannon on the RJW is two less warriors or another scourge you could be fielding.

How are you planning to deliver your units?  Who is in what transport?  One thing you may wish to consider is having a large pack of warriors that you webway in to deliver a lot of splinter fire where needed without a transport tax.  Basic warriors aren't impressive individually, but 20 of them can get a lot done through sheer volume of fire, especially if you then charge fire warriors or imperial guard after firing, re-rolling charge distance and with +1 to hit when fighting from PfP.

It you go Ynarri and sneak in a DE patrol, you can then use the webway stratagem, so you could webway in a 20 pack of warriors, hit them with Ancestor's Grace and then with word of the phoenix for 80 splinter shots re-rolling 1s to hit, followed by a charge with 20 melee attacks hitting on 2+ with re-rolls.  I'm just not sure that the cost for Yvraine is worth that when you could get seven mandrakes for her cost.

Slave
Morth76220

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament   Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 11 2018, 23:08

I did not realize you couldn't take relics if a ynnari was your warlord. I mainly took Yvraine due to being a stronger hq and psychic powers. But I can see how running one or the other would be better. I was afraid to go full ynnari because of the recent nerfs to soul burst so I'll stick with DE
I should go with mandrakes then. I didn't realize their potentail since I don't own any yet.

I feel like I didn't have enough anti heavy or tank weaponry so that's why I spent so many upgrades on the warriors, but if more warriors is better I could easily put more in. I was planning on putting 10 warriors in a raider 5 in the venom and the hqs outside so the haemonculus could increase their toughness by 1. The haemonculus has worked out far better for me in surviving and killing characters and units.
Back to top Go down
tegs
Kabalite Warrior
tegs

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament   Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12 2018, 00:29

I'm working on a 1k list myself, and I think 4 DLs with scourges, 1 DL on the raider, and 2 on the RJW should be enough for that point level. I might be wrong, though.

Slave
Morth76220

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament   Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 12 2018, 00:50

I think that works pretty well and I'll probably do the same for mine now. For what will be most of my opponents, more dark lances usually shred through any vehicles they have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament   Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Help Building a 1k Point List for Local Tournament
Page 1 of 1