THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1200P leage with superheavies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Voidpekarn
Hellion
Voidpekarn

1200P leage with superheavies Empty
PostSubject: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13 2018, 22:34

Hello, I have recently signed up for a leage at my LFGS and am scratching my head trying to figure out what I´m trying to bring.

I have been trying to mainly use just drukhari detachments, but wanted to try more mixed ones for this.

So without further delay.

1200p
--
Ynnari patrol detachment (759p)
HQ
Yvraine - 132
Eldrad Ulthran -150

TROOP
5x Kabalites - 35

HEAVY SUPPORT
9 dark reaper w/exarch w/Tempest launcher (10 total) - 270

TRANSPORT
Wave serpent w/ Aeldari missile launcher

---
Aeldari battalion detachment - (440p)
HQ
Warlock - 35
Warlock - 35

TROOP
5x Kabalite w/blaster
5x Kabalite w/blaster
5x Kabalite w/blaster - 3x50 = 150p
5x Kabalite
5x Kabalite               - 2x35 = 70 p

HEAVY SUPPORT
Reaper - 150p

----------------------------
Total = 1199 p
----------------------------

The thing that I am mostly thinking about now is if the reaper is worth it, or if Im just doubling down on anti-tank, so my other thought was to drop it and essentially take more kabalites to screen with / contest objectives / fight other infantry.

I dont own any razorwing flocks sadly, so screening with those are a non-option.

The wave serpent is there because I´d like my reapers to survive going second, and the missile launcher on it and the exarch is so they can double as semi alright anti horde.

The lack of transports is cause I figure the most important unit is going to be the dark reapers, and the opponent are going to want to first turn charge them if possible so I need the kabalites to screen, which transports wont allow them to do. Also figured the amount of knights and baneblade/shadowswords I know are going to be on the other side of the table somewhat diminishes their power.

Mostly I figured that since most of the older players in this leage will bring their superheavies, planning for low drops is not really worth it. Number one reason being I dont own a superheavy myself, and #2 that if they do bring one their drops will decrease dramatically.

The missions vary from kill the enemy army and count the power rating destroyed, to relic type missions.

Would love any feedback I am able to get, I do apologise in advance for not being true to the true kin in my detachment selections.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 09:25

You have a lot of warriors and nothing for them to do, what is your goal with 25 warriors? Those Super Heavy's will just kill 2-3 units a turn without trying. Are you worried they will kill vehicles to quickly? The blasters will NEVER be in range either, they are a waste of points.

Super Heavy's in low point games is EXTREMELY Rock, paper, Scissors. If you dont have the weapons to kill them, they will kill you, simple as that.

You will for sure lose any Kill Point games, and most likely the Relic, NOTE: They will always get 1st blood if they go 1st and they have a better chance to go 1st than you.

I would drop the Blasters and 3 units of warriors to save 150pts and get a couple Venoms, at least 2 of your warrior units will live easier and able to get around.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Voidpekarn
Hellion
Voidpekarn

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 09:37

My point with them was to turn one make sure the dark reapers got to atleast disembark and shoot by providing screen, and from there try to take objectives.

So you think that using them for such is not a good idea, or that I dont require that much of it?

Now I do own a fair bit of anti tank, 4x DL scourges and as previously mentioned the reaper.
and enough kabalites to make 3-4 "darklight" trueborne units, with 5 kabs in each. (2x DL 2xblaster).

But I cant be sure that all the opponents will actually bring superheavies that I can use these on, and if they dont, I feel like that game is just over from turn 1. Dont have enough experience with these types of units.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 09:51

You need to have good deployment and not waste points. A unit of warriors is fine for that.. but 3+? no. You can also stop DSing with your Venoms too, remember they need to be 9"+ away from ALL units.

Im just saying footslub Warriors are crap, replace some of them.

Scourges are not bad, you can DS into cover away from them and shoot w/e you want and are protected for a turn via DSing. They are also good at Elite units, Walkers etc.. things with 6 wounds they can easily kill and you dont have to shoot at tanks.

Back to top Go down
Voidpekarn
Hellion
Voidpekarn

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 10:13

Alright, what are your thoughts on running the reaper, for flexibility seeing as 1200p isnt a ton of points to specialize and to also have some anti-horde capability.

And I was also thinking of running some hellions for threatening backfield objectives, but I have a feeling they are abit points heavy.

if I were to run kabalites would it be more effective to run them as I have in the past, 10x w/blaster&DL in a raider/w dissy for example. I always feel like its not really worth it to run that way, but maybe I am just inexperienced.

Or would it be better to just use 3x35 kabs to unlock the battalion detachment, or not use the battalion detachment at all.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 10:36

I like the Reaper, i have 1 and looking at getting another.

I also use it to stop some armies like Tyranids, i'll shoot Genestealers to stop them from Advancing (THIS IS HUGE). They are good as Tank killers as well, just like a DL Ravager. Having those 2 options is great.

I'm waiting to make my 2nd one tho, i want the DE book, i have a HUGE coven army and would like to play it again, if i can i'm converting the 2 Reapers to be more Coven like.

Back to top Go down
Voidpekarn
Hellion
Voidpekarn

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 12:05

I feel like with 10 dark reaper, a reaper and a wave serpent, + those 2 point heavy HQs (Tho very effective from what I can tell with mortal wounds), I am lacking in horde killing.

But maybe with, the combined 2d6 from the exarch, reaper and serpent that isnt really an issue?

That was the other point of the kabalite groups, that I could if not kill at the very least block infantry with them.

Also what are your thoughts on running a group of 5-10 hellions, most of the missions are going to be either hold objectives far off, or take an objective on the enemy side to "destroy" it.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 12:20

Hellions are bad..... very bad, your better with more Kabals lol Razz

Back to top Go down
DOGGED
Hellion
DOGGED

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 18:42

amishprn86 wrote:

[...]
I would drop the Blasters and 3 units of warriors to save 150pts and get a couple Venoms, at least 2 of your warrior units will live easier and able to get around.

I'd do that too.
And if you have the money and the will...
I'd also ditch the Wave Serpent.
The Reaper is a great thing to have. I'g get another and field it. Having dropped the Blasters and the Serpent you'll have spared points enough to field both the new Reaper and the Venoms IIRC.
The Venoms and transported Kabalites can zoom to wherever you want them but also can hurt hordes. As the Reapers can also both hurt and stop hordes you'll have there a nice horde killer tactic. But then the Reapers can also kill superheavies. In fact both Reapers combined fire can bring down them in 1 turn...

Hellion
Voidpekarn

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 18:56

The main point of the wave serpent was to have yvraine + eldrad + the dark reapers in it, as a stopgap to prevent the opponent from just blasting the dark reapers turn 1 if I dont get to go first.

As to me lacking horde killing and wanting to take kabalites to stop them, I feel like maybe I am underestimating the capabilities of the dark reapers?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 19:21

The WS is great, keep that. Its consider the best Transport in game and you are using it the perfect way.

Back to top Go down
Voidpekarn
Hellion
Voidpekarn

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16 2018, 13:27

What are your thoughts of running the wave serpent with a scatterlaser instead, both reducing the randomness of the shots and freeing up Points for other things.

I dont have any experience beyond the reaper with 2d6 shots, and those experiences were rather lacklustre.
Also its main use is going to be killing hordes and wouldnt 8 str6 shots do that just fine, regardless if its marines or guards.

Dont have enough experience with the eldar weapons to feel confident in their power.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16 2018, 14:51

I didnt even look at your WS, I always just run Shuriken, advance + shoot and AP is always a plus for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1200P leage with superheavies   1200P leage with superheavies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1200P leage with superheavies
Page 1 of 1