THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Quick question on Support Weapons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

Quick question on Support Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Quick question on Support Weapons   Quick question on Support Weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2018, 22:03

Just wanted to clarify something quickly regarding the rules for the Craftworld Support Weapons, as I've recently bought a Support Battery. I didn't realise (or maybe didn't notice) until now that I could put the second crew member on the platform, instead of on another base.

Does this mean I essentially ignore the little bits referring to the crew being 'within 1" of their support weapon'? I'm guessing that that particular line assumes you've built the second crewman separately.

Also, while I'm on the subject, how do you build your support weapons? Is the second crewman on foot, or placed on the platform? I'm assuming the latter is easier to transport (or at least, takes up less space), but how much more difficult does it become to paint this way? I've seen pictures of both methods in equal measure, and was curious as to your opinions/preferences.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Quick question on Support Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick question on Support Weapons   Quick question on Support Weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2018, 03:18

Basically you just ignore the crew if they aren't on the same base.

Range and visibility are measured to the support weapon. Cannot allocate attacks to the crew. They are treated as a single model for all rules purposes.

You can put them on the same base if you like, or separately if you prefer. I don't own any, so can't comment on the modelling practicalities.

Back to top Go down

Quick question on Support Weapons
Page 1 of 1