THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kihrezae Morvishk
Slave
Kihrezae Morvishk

How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff? Empty
PostSubject: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 22:49

Hello.

Does anyone know how one might sculpt dripping liquid from green stuff? Stuff like blood, poison, nurglish slime or just plain water droplets?
I've only just gotten into the hobby, and converting minis using green stuff and other bits is one of my main interests.
If anyone could provide some insight into this, that would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 22 2018, 06:42

I am not a good sculpter (but do like to sculpt a bit) so take my advise with a bit of salt.

1) make a ball. Push slightly on one side so it gets slightly flatter so you get a slightly pear shaped form. Then when you want to attach it smear out the thinner side to help attach it and make it even more tear shaped.

2) attach a small piece to the model where you want the dripping liqued to be, then put a small drop of glue if your glue has the right consistency it will form a drop. Depending on the consistency and surface tension of the glue and the size of the small piece you added as the drop center you can have quite large or slightly smaller drops. (In all cases the drops are huge compared to what a drop would be when downsized to miniature scale, but when compaired to old models like skaven eshin poison weapons etc the drops will be similar in size.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 21:24

Pin a small piece of metal (clip bpard cut) and let 1-3mm out.
Pour green stuff on it as you desire.

Will be less fragile Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?
Page 1 of 1