THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeszaen Idrarith
Slave
Aeszaen Idrarith

Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here Empty
PostSubject: Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here   Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 06:43

Hello everyone! cheers

My name is Kody, and I live in Eastern North Carolina.
I'm a new Dark Eldar player. I sold my Imperial Guard army that I had owned since I started almost 8 years ago. I started Warhammer 40k when I was 10, when a friend showed me some of his Chaos Space Marine models. I caught the tail end of 5th edition, and took a small break during 6th edition. I had a little more interest in 7th edition, especially since Guard was almost at it's peak at the time (for me, anyway).

I have bought a couple of Dark Eldar units and models. I'm still waiting for more to come in, but I love their style and aesthetic. I'm by no means super edgy, but it's just really different compared to the Imperial factions. The individual variety between every model is a great change of pace for a former Guard player.

I began with buying a squad of Kabalites that I bought on Ebay. I now have about 32 kabs, all of which are the older Kabalite models. They are fun and simple to paint, and they are the first models I have ever tried highlights with. I'm not that great of a painter, but I love the look of my new models.

shortly after all of this, I began creating a Kabal. This was a fun experience, and creating a background was the best part. However, my knowledge of the Dark Eldar is a little lacking, so I kinda skimped about certain topics and settled on making my Archon a fallen Corsair prince. I'll be catching up on my Eldar lore as time goes on Razz

Once I have everything, I'll have a solid 1766 point army for 8th. I'll try finding more when money becomes available.

I felt it was a good idea to go ahead and introduce myself here. I do plan on being more involved with Warhammer now that I have a new, solid base to go off of.

Thanks, and I hope to catch you again! SmileGreetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here Dark_e12
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here   Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 06:57

Welcome to the darkest city in the web(way).
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here   Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 09:04

Welcome, mate!
If you want there's a section where you can share some info about the fluff of your Kabal. Ofc you can also read some of the other once here. It's a supricingly good read from time to time.

Slave
dpitbull

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here   Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 18:40

Hi from eastern NC aswell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here   Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings! New Dark Eldar Player Here
Page 1 of 1