THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheesy101
Slave
Cheesy101

Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers Empty
PostSubject: Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers   Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 21:28

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what the best way will be to field my 7th ed corsairs in 8th. Most of my units can either be used as craftworld eldar (or counts as), so that is the base of the army. My big issue is fitting in the skyreavers. What I have so far is the following list for 1500 pts:

Craftworld Eldar (Saim-hann) Outrider Detachment

HQ
Farseer skyrunner

Fast Attack

Hornet x1 (hornet pulse laser, CTM)
Wasp walkers x3 (Scatter laser/bright lance)
Shining spears x5 (exarch /w star lance)
Windriders x6 (scatter laser)
Windrider x3 (Shuriken cannon)
Windrider x3 (Shuriken cannon)

Craftworld Eldar (Saim-Hann) Supreme Command detachment

HQ
Warlock skyrunner x3

Then leftover to fit in I have:
Autarch skyrunner x1
Skyreavers x5 (Shuriken catapault x4, fusion gun x1)
Skyreavers x5 (Shuriken catapault x4, fusion gun x1)

So far in games I've been taking an extra patrol detachment with the above units, but it seems really inefficient. Is there any better way I can implement them? I don't really want to go Ynnari, mainly because I don't want to be shackled to taking one of the triumvirate. Am I right in thinking if I slotted the skyreavers into a Craftworlds detachment that detachment would lose all Craftworld benefits?

Thanks for any help!
Back to top Go down
attackdrone
Hellion
attackdrone

PostSubject: Re: Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers   Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2018, 01:17

You'll need to run them as "Aeldari". This does indeed require a separate detachment, and the detachment will not unlock Craftworld bonuses (though for now, if you have ANOTHER detachment of Craftworld, stratagems can be used on "Aeldari" detachment "Asuryani" units).

It sucks, but that's how it works right now. I'd run the Autarch in the Supreme Command detachment and one of the Warlock Skyrunners in the Patrol, so the Autarch can benefit from Saim-Hann rules.

You could also put the Autarch in the Supreme Command, drop one of the Warlocks, and use the Skyreavers as one squad of 10 in an Auxilary detachment (or alternatively, keep the warlock and drop the autarch, OR keep both and put in Supreme Command for Saim-Hann trait).

On-Foot "Reavers" are even worse, because no transport exists that can carry them.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers   Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12 2018, 22:27

Troops in the Aeldari detaachment do not have objective secured.

skyreavers have a rather competitive loadout in the form of

4xSplinter Carbines
1xDark Lance
Back to top Go down
Cheesy101
Slave
Cheesy101

PostSubject: Re: Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers   Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14 2018, 18:48

OK, sounds good, thanks for the feedback! So if I swapped the autarch and a warlock around, would that effect the warlocks choice of powers or targeting at all?

@amorrowlyday that's an interesting load out- not one I'd considered. Why the carbines over shuriken guns? Was tempted to throw a shuriken cannon instead of the fusion gun, but dark Lance could work!
Back to top Go down
attackdrone
Hellion
attackdrone

PostSubject: Re: Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers   Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15 2018, 15:54

"If your army is Battle-forged, all units in a Craftworlds Detachment gain a Craftworld Attribute, so long as every unit in that Detachment is from the same craftworld."

Psychic powers would not be affected, and they could still target / be targeted by "Asuryani" units for appropriate Runes of Battle powers. They can still use stratagems because you have another detachment unlocking them (for now, that might change soon). Basically the only thing you lose on the model is the Craftworld Attribute, which in my opinion is worth much more on the Autarch than on the Warlock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers   Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed figuring out how to field corsair skyreavers
Page 1 of 1