THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? Empty
PostSubject: Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine?   Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2018, 09:48

So, its being reported based on the new Daughter's Of Khaine book, the several mentions of Idoneth Deepkin. The Sea Elves are coming:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/02/holy-molyaos-idoneth-deepkin-are-happening.html

Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? Dok-from-the-deep

Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? Idoneth-deepkin-proof

So yeah, Fishmen.

BUT, what caught my eye was that Pitched Battle Profiles chart for the Daughters Of Khaine.

And rather than the Allies list at the bottom, look at the third unit down.

The Cauldron Of Blood and its statue is still a seperate thing, but I can't imagine modern GW having the rules for a unit not available in plastic for a new all plastic army like DoK.

So I'm wondering, is there a new Avatar coming?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine?   Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2018, 10:45

If you build the Cauldron of Blood kit as a Bloodwrack Shrine, you can build the Avatar of Khaine as a separate unit (in addition to a Hag Queen and Slaughter Queen), so technically there is a model available. I think they used one in a battle in the most recent White Dwarf.

Though I wouldn't mind if they did a new plastic Avatar for 40k - not the biggest fan of resin at the best of times.

While we're on the subject: Can a AoS Avatar of Khaine model be used in place of a 40K one? I know it's appearance is more Drukhari than Craftworld, but still...

As for the deepkin, I don't know enough about them to comment.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine?   Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17 2018, 12:01

The thing is, the AoS one isn;t actually an Avatar model. It's just leftover parts from the Cauldron/Shrine. I wouldn't call that an Avatar model at all, which is why I'm wondering if a proper model is on the way.

(And ultimately, you csan interswap models sall you like.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine?   Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17 2018, 23:03

I think I get what you mean, now. If they're going by the whole 'no model, no rules' thing, would they bring out a new model? (And by that reckoning, would they also do the same for the three leader units that are also only available from the cauldron set?)

As I mentioned before, I wouldn't be against them doing a new plastic Avatar - maybe one that's more pose able, and can work with both AoS AND 40k. (The latter is mostly my imagination running amok, but still...). But will they do it? At the moment, I think not, as there is already something that can fill the role. (It's not perfect, I know, but it's there)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine?   Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishmen? And a possible new Avatar of Khaine?
Page 1 of 1