THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the venomous Fang

Go down 
+2
Sinister Intent
Ephieites
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ephieites
Slave
Ephieites

Kabal of the venomous Fang Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18 2018, 17:56

Hello everyone,

I started building my Dark Eldar/Drukhari Kabal a week ago and this will be my log.

With the new Codex I want to get serious with my new army, wich is mainly for me to experiment with the game a bit. I have been playing Chaos Space Marines for a couple of years now and I want something more challenging.

As we mostly play Powerlevel here my first goal is to paint a 50 Powerpoint list.
And I am also poor, so I have to make due with what I can trade or score on Ebay Very Happy I hope this will be an interesting ride and you will stick around to accompany.

If there are any questions or such, just ask them away.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29366210

Last edited by Ephieites on Sun Mar 18 2018, 18:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ephieites
Slave
Ephieites

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18 2018, 18:00

What is in my Collection

So far my collection is not the biggest, but I am expanding it as we speak. Smile

Kabal of the venomous Fang 28308310

I have: Bought; Build, Painted

HQ
Succubus
Archon

Standard
10 Kabalite Warriors
10 Kabalite Warriors
10 Kabalite Warriors

Elite

Fast
5 Helions
10 Helions

Heavy
1 Ravager

Flyers
1 Razorwing Jetfighter
1 Razorwing Jetfighter

Transports
1 Raiders
2 Raiders
1 Raiders

New purchases will be added and Pictures of the painted units will be linked (hopefully).

Last edited by Ephieites on Tue Apr 03 2018, 21:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ephieites
Slave
Ephieites

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18 2018, 18:14

First real post!

So here is my first real post! Yeah.

I used the lazy sunday here and painted my first 10 Kabalite Warriors! They will be Part of my first 50PP list. I used the trusted "Dark Lance/Blaste" Combi because I read here it would be good and I expect it to be still viable with the new Dex.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29365710
The whole unit.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29314610
The... "additional HP".

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29366410
The Weapons of notice.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29386310
The "special people". I painted them a bit "better" because the leader should stand out and I experimented on skin.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29386810
The fearless Leader... for now.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29342810
Maybe I use this dude as a second Leader when the Unit will be used in 2x5 configuration.

Critique is allways wellcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sinister Intent
Slave
Sinister Intent

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 15:12

Nice work! I really like the way your skin experiments turned out (boy, wasn't that a stereotypical Dark Eldar line...). Also I love what you've done with the phantasm grenade launcher on your "fearless leader". I'm always struggling to know how to paint the openings to the "tubes" and I usually just settle on black, but the green glow and highlighting you've achieved is superb.

I'm anxious to see your color scheme represented on vehicle panels as well. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Ephieites
Slave
Ephieites

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 17:40

I got some time to work on my Kabalites in this weekend!

Most of my units are from a couple of DE lots I got from ebay or fb. So they are in different states of painting/disrepair.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29547710
I managed to get the base paints on my second batch of Kabalite warriors.
Getting done 20 at a time is nice but also makes me appreciate that this is not a Horde Army Very Happy

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29550010
Kabal of the venomous Fang 29341410
This Raider was in pieces. I had to fix it with the parts of a destroyed Reaver. It was glued together with some kindergarten gel glue stuff and hard to repair. I am pretty pleased with the outcome ad hope once I hang it with more trophies and such and painted it it will look okay on the tabletop Smile

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29550410
Kabal of the venomous Fang 29663510
I also kitbashed my Archon stand-in. I dislike the standard archon so I made my own.
He looks a bit more "fighty" the many people imagine an archon to be but I like the pose.

Thanks for reading everyone Smile Critique is always wellcome.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2018, 05:01

Loving the color and your kit bash! Subtle enough to keep it recognizable, but still giving some life into the mini.

Nice job with the blood splatters on your flesh cloaks (loincloth? Banner? Never did find out what those were called) contrasts nicely and gives it a sinister touch!
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 20:04

You know, I'd like to open this up with the sheer fact that I never was one to like Kabalites. I think they are kinda stuffy and I just lost interest without the Duke. But...you put a great amount of flair to these and the kit bashing is excellent and I just can't seem to shake that you did them right, in my mind, and now I'm sitting here wondering if I need to employ my own kabal to side with my cult...

Seriously, fantastic work, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Ephieites
Slave
Ephieites

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 13:47

Thanks a lot for all the nice words Smile

I am glad you like the colours as much as I do and that you like what I did so far. It is my first attempt at Dark Eldar and I try to find a way between complex and rush to paint them all Very Happy

In the last week I finished 20 Kabalites, my kit-bash Archon and the Succubus.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29750610
The Unit is equiped with a Darklance and a Blaster.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29853310
The leader is build with parts from the Raider Crew, I wanted to mix all my units a bit and give everyone a more unique feel.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29666210
This Unit was "rescued" from the ebay lot I got. It was in bad shape but with a couple of Helion, Raider and other bits I managed to get a full 10 man unit out of it. Some of the Warriors are the ones hanging from the Raider so they have some awkward poses Very Happy Equiped with a Canon and a Shredder they are more close combat oriented, at least in my mind Smile

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29750310
The leader and some warriors.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29856010
The Succubus wich will lead my Cult units. I used her out of the box and just painted her. I wanted to make the whole army look "united" but I think with more black and skin she looks different enough but still like a part of the same "Raid". I am not soooo happy with the skin but that is because I used too much paint on the second layer and now it looks a bit thick. Have to get better with all the Wyches I will paint in the future.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29745810
Kabal of the venomous Fang 29852510
My kit-bashed Archon. I like the way he came out. The sword looks like it is carved out of bone as I want to use it as a Huskblade. He will look the part even if I have to buy another archon to get a batallion Smile
Back to top Go down
Ephieites
Slave
Ephieites

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 18:58

Today I had my first 50 Power game with my small force.
They were fast and overwhelming and I concentratedon a part of my enemies armie to destroy it before he could muster a defense and then I moved on to the other side of the table. It is amazing how much different this army is. The speed is great compared to Chaos Space Marines.

Here a couple of pics.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29855310
They ran away from my onslaught...

Kabal of the venomous Fang 29920710
... but in the end they couldn't hide.

Kabal of the venomous Fang 30020110
My succubus killed the Primaris Lieutenant aftershe got a grenade to the face and lost two wounds to his powersword. The Archite Glaive is really "nice" but I hope it get's a buff in the new codex.

I like how the army looks on the battlefield and I am happy how the colours translate to the raider Smile
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 22:19

The glaive needed to do two damage. How that giant polearm is not doing as much damage as a hellglaive, who knows.

Still, glad that it worked well for you! It sounds like you got victory on your paintjob and on the table, too, which is living the dream!
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 02:33

I second the comment about your blood effects, really cool

On the kablites chest, their left, is the drug dispenser and tube that connect to their pack, I paint mine a bright blue (same as my rifles poison), might add some contrast to your kabalites

Also, sweet succubus!
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 02:54

Mm, I have to get some of my own stuff up...I feel so awkward about it because I was painting it before I really got a whole lot of practice in off and on so I have like an odd gradient of quality...I might see about getting them stripped. The vehicles are turning out very well so I'm happy with them, just not...well...*ahem*

ANYWAY. Relevance of the top comment was your stuff looks nicely and makes me feel a little self conscious about my own stuff, aha! Great work!

I also second the contrast color of the drugs, something nice and lethally bright would do wonders!
Back to top Go down
Ephieites
Slave
Ephieites

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 21:26

Hello and thanks for the nice words and advice!

I really like the blood effect to, it is not too much but it is there and gives a bit of contrast to the whole miniature.

Is this here there drug-dispenser?
Kabal of the venomous Fang 12103/1210.jpg

The warriors have little viles on their back and I painted them bright green and red, maybe I use this on the drug dispenser too Smile

And thanks that you people like my paint scheme so much.
But to be honest it is not very complicated. I use a lot of the cool effect and technical colours from GW. I am not a world class painter, I just want to get a cool looking army on the table that is easy and fast to paint. Don't worry, just try and get better over time Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 00:09

I think that is a drug dispenser because the wyches have a whole lot of those sort of those little tubes on their armor, and a lot more than warriors so I assume that represents their combat drugs.

Also your stuff is looking real good, like the metallic kabalite scheme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the venomous Fang   Kabal of the venomous Fang I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the venomous Fang
Page 1 of 1