THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only

Go down 
+3
lament.config
amorrowlyday
hekatrixxy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only Empty
PostSubject: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24 2018, 13:55

Does anyone know from personal experience if it is possible to buy the Reaper parts from Forgeworld without the Raider kit being included? If it is possible, how much did they charge? Reaper is £45, Raider is £22.50, one would imagine they could sell the Reaper half of the kit for £22.50.

Of course I can contact Forgeworld directly and ask them, just curious if this has been done before. Waiting to see how the codex shakes out before maybe picking up a couple to complement my four Ravagers.

Alternatively, I have seen people mention that they converted them. What GW kit(s) provide the necessary parts to do this?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24 2018, 17:43

All conversions I've seen are raiders+plasticard, no additional kits.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 07:38

I've converted a pair of them using wraithknight cannons. I'm not at home but, I'll try and post pictures in the next 24 hours. They have don't have much paint and I think I'm going to add more blades since the reaper isn't terrible in combat for a vehicle and the jetbike blades I added don't really add enough to it in my opinon. It's a project that got put on the back burner.

The cannons are long and have to be trimmed down but they fit in the front of a raider kit very well and extend to a point that looks like it connects to the engine part of the wraith cannon that takes up the deck of the raider.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 12:16

This is mine, i want more, but i want to wait for codex b.c i might not play them as much to keep making them.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 19:47

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/60/63/41/15220010.jpg
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 20:16

@lament.config @amishprn86 Thanks for the pics, much appreciated. I guess we will see in a couple of weeks how the Reaper stacks up against units in the new codex.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 02:42

The coolest thing about the reapers is the sail!

I run 3 reapers and i didnt use the gun, becuase to be quite honest it looks terrible. But the central power plant for the Vortex projector, the sail and the blades are awesome and gives the model a dagger like stance.

Conversion idea. To make the projector bow gun i used the warhead from the monoscthe missiles, its neater and looks like a scorpion stinger. Just an idea.

Here is a picture of them :
(PIC REMOVED)

Last edited by Old_Soul on Thu Apr 05 2018, 23:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://adamjmould@cgsociety.org
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 10:45

@Old_Soul that looks amazing. Love the paint job as well, so much better than anything I could do at my current skill level.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 12:15

hekatrixxy wrote:
@Old_Soul that looks amazing. Love the paint job as well, so much better than anything I could do at my current skill level.

Thankyou!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 13:25

How did you paint the space? thats something i never tried before.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:19

Sponges for the first two shades, then wet mix of both shades with a brush.

Then toothbrush for the stars, touched up stars with some nuln oil shade and black paint.

Finally brushing the brightest part of the nebula with a technical paint, this brightens the shade underneath as opposed to adding new shades to it, helps keep the uniformity of the shades.

I have a full 2k fleet painted with the same scheme, tantalus, 4 venoms, 3 reapers 2 razorwings.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:55

Can you give a order of colors? that would help me the most. bounce if not then its ok.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 23:46

Yes of course.

Undercoat chaos black / Base colour Kabalite green / Base highlight of Sotek green / Final highlight of temple guard blue.

However, each stage is mixed 2-1 to blend with the next stage. Example, when transitioning from Kabalite to sotek i mixed 2 parts kabalite 1 part sotek, then next shade is reversed, 1 part Kabalite 2 parts sotek ( i use a pipette and a wet pallete ), then pure sotek.

Afterwards gentle application of nulnoil shade can further create variation in the colours, if you like i can post a picture of the tantalus as a guideline?

If you look at my avatar its the same pallette i used for my archons helmet visor.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 00:51

Thats what you did for the vehicles space parts?
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:11

Yes. The base colours ( kabalite green & Sotek green ) were applied with a sponge for the galaxy/nebula effect, actually a piece of the foam from the GW ard case.
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:47

Forgeworld don't sell the upgrade elements of the kits separately...I emailed them last year to ask the very same question.

Had a load of Raiders and no Ravager so thought hmm all I need is that big gun from forgeworld and im sorted! Shame.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 17:40

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
Forgeworld don't sell the upgrade elements of the kits separately...I emailed them last year to ask the very same question.

Had a load of Raiders and no Ravager so thought hmm all I need is that big gun from forgeworld and im sorted! Shame.

What country are you raiding in ?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 17:53

Dark Elf Dave wrote:

B.c its not like they just dont give you the normal raider kit plus a small upgrade kit... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 18:20

As amishprn says you get the full ravager kit with the fw parts, you have access to three different units if you magnetise correctly, great value for money.

I ask what country your in beciase i have a spare Reaper bow gun if anyone wants it. I would trade one kabalite blaster for it?
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 18:25

Eh, is it even worth it? A Drukhari vehicle with heavy weapons? How gauche.

The FW sail is so damn ugly, and the whole ship looks stupid with that giant laser on the front. Should be an easy enough conversion with a regular raider, just get some wraithknight gun bits and stick them on the prow.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 18:54

withershadow wrote:
Eh, is it even worth it?  A Drukhari vehicle with heavy weapons?  How gauche.

The FW sail is so damn ugly, and the whole ship looks stupid with that giant laser on the front.  Should be an easy enough conversion with a regular raider, just get some wraithknight gun bits and stick them on the prow.

The Sail does not look ugly at all, the FW picture does not do it justice, the sail transforms it into like an old japanese sailboat. Plus the additional blades on the port and starboard sides actually finish of the flow opf the hull geometry. The GW one looks out of proportion with itself, but my reapers get comments every time i play so i guess it preference, but truekin players do comment " that reaper?, looks so much better in the flesh!".

Its not just a dark eldar unit with a heavy weapon. Running three of them for the last 6 months has proven very potent. It has 2 extra wounds, is 5 points cheaper and when the vortex projector hits big, WOW! Every game one reaper will dish out 20 wounds in one turn. Thats why you run two minimum, plus most people are used to ravagers and the fast attack methodology used with them. When you bring some back line heavy hitters like reapers, their heavy doesnt mean anything and it throws the opponent off, esp when they try to castle against it. Before being too critical maybe review the rule-sets a little more or ask one of the many experienced players on here what they think of the unit.

Once FW review the tantalus and the reaper i expect some changes will improve the unit, it was more potent in 7th edition by far, plus it had a flicker field. The only real criticism i would have about the reaper is never use the 2d6 str6 profile, its pretty useless against anything other than like rippers or gretchin, but its always niuce to have the option to clear some annoying obsec units off of an obj.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only   Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgeworld Reaper upgrade parts only
Page 1 of 1