THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.

Go down 
+14
AzraeI
FrankyMcShanky
clively
Da-Rock
TeenageAngst
Lord Asvaldir
Mppqlmd
WS0007
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
lament.config
The Shredder
Old_Soul
TheBaconPope
Skulnbonz
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. Empty
PostSubject: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 18:53

It suddenly "clicked" as to why we were released last.
Can you imagine the Tau or Necron players anticipation after reading our dex previews and strategems, as they waited for theirs?
And then when they got it... Crushing dissapointment. Kinda like we all felt about necrons after our release last edition, then eldar, etc...
we were the last of the bad codexes. This is a welcome make up gift.

TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 19:01

It's kinda funny, really. There were rampant worries that our codex would forgotten, decrease some points, slap on a few mediocre traits lifted from other books, and inject some uninspired relics and Strategems into the mix and call it a day.

I can't say how powerful our dex will actually be, but I think it's clear a lot of those that contributed to it put their heart into it

Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 19:28

I wouldnt say the Tau and Necron codex are bad, the Tau have had some great point reductions and if played with a little wisdom they can really come together. Necrons isnt out so i cant say about their book.

The Truekin tease looks cool, but i feel some copy and paste from Corsair in 7th, screaming jets just like void burners on corsair venoms. Talking about obssesions now just like the corsair prince....

The Armour of misery is nice, but why -1 to hit? it should halve the leadership of enemy unit or something, harlies are fast and hard to hit right? Are they just encouraging more soup from Eldar players? I mean put some of the leadership reduction abilities on your Kabals then bring a couple of shadowseers with hallucinogenic launchers and that could be nasty.

Would Love A vect model with our release! Or a character worth a damn!

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 19:45

There's definitely some nice-looking stuff in our book, but we've seen relatively little so far.

I'm sure there's a phrase about not counting your chickens before you've tortured them.

Or something like that. Wink
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 19:55

No complaints about the armour of misery and it's minus to hit.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:00

Exploding succubus looks cool as well.

WS0007
Hellion
WS0007

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:02

Old_Soul wrote:
I wouldnt say the Tau and Necron codex are bad, the Tau have had some great point reductions and if played with a little wisdom they can really come together. Necrons isnt out so i cant say about their book.

The Tau did get some great point reductions but according to my Tau playing friend, the one thing that upset all the Tau players was that the crisis suit did not receive a reduction. Apparently a lot of Tau players wanted to play all crisis suits and have a chance to win. And according to my friend you cant do that.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:16

T'au don't have a codex.

But they recently released a new army. It's called "Riptides and their friends".

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:19

Mppqlmd wrote:
T'au don't have a codex.

But they recently released a new army. It's called "Riptides and their friends".

Tau Commanders are a Riptide's best friend.

A Riptide can have only one best friend.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:21

Tau Commanders are like your jealous girlfriend.

- "You can't talk, approach, or get anywhere near other Battlesuit Commanders ! I'm all you'll ever need ! "

Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:24

WS0007 wrote:
Old_Soul wrote:

The Tau did get some great point reductions but according to my Tau playing friend, the one thing that upset all the Tau players was that the crisis suit did not receive a reduction. Apparently a lot of Tau players wanted to play all crisis suits and have a chance to win. And according to my friend you cant do that.  

With pure crisis suits no i guess not. But is there any faction that can be competitive with just one unit type? Im thinking no, and your firend is missing out on all the cool strats and tactics that make this game awesome.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:25

By the way, has anyone heard anything about Ynnari? I'm curious as to whether they're even getting a 'proper' release, or other they're just staying as index rules.

Mppqlmd wrote:

- "You can't talk, approach, or get anywhere near other Battlesuit Commanders ! I'm all you'll ever need ! "

lol!
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:25

Mppqlmd wrote:
T'au don't have a codex.

Im guessing you have power friends wishing the wing was still a reality

Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:28

The Shredder wrote:
By the way, has anyone heard anything about Ynnari? I'm curious as to whether they're even getting a 'proper' release, or other they're just staying as index rules.

Mppqlmd wrote:

lol!

Is there enough to reloease a book for? Could be just a panflet for soulburst and the Ynnead crew.

I wish they would just do away with Ynnari, they are such a Mary Sue.

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 20:33

The Shredder wrote:

Nothing yet, if they were to get a full codex I'd expect them to come at the tail end of all the codex releases since it's not like anyone is a pure ynnari player, they don't need the ynnari codex to have a full codex army, while you can't say the same about de/craftsworlds. I've been hearing rumors about space wolves/orks over the summer, and that would be coming after knights/deathwatch/harlies so it may be awhile if there ever is a ynnari codex. Not that I feel there is the need though, I'm happy to stay pure de.

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 22:30

I have a hunch the FAQ will clue us in to the ultimate fate of the Ynnari.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 00:46

The Tau Codex was rather good as is the Necron codex if all info seen is accurate. flower
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 03:00

The tau codex is good. I’ve played a few games with it so far and it’s nice. Anyone complaining about that book doesn’t know how to play an in depth game.

Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 07:36

clively wrote:
The tau codex is good.  I’ve played a few games with it so far and it’s nice.   Anyone complaining about that book doesn’t know how to play an in depth game.  

I do not understand the internets hatred of Fire Warriors. A fantastic Troop imo.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 13:41

FrankyMcShanky wrote:
clively wrote:
The tau codex is good.  I’ve played a few games with it so far and it’s nice.   Anyone complaining about that book doesn’t know how to play an in depth game.  

I do not understand the internets hatred of Fire Warriors.  A fantastic Troop imo.

They are awesome, my buddy runs 60 and with cadre fireblades and support drones, really hard to shift ob sec units.

Thats the difference i think between players who actually play the game every week and players who read spikey bits and watch TTT but dont actually play. Strikes are arguably best troop choice in 8th so far, and now with Sekia spet trait they are even better!

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 14:22

Imo it's not about strike teams being bad, it's about the fact that riptides are, again, completely out of control, and there is no reason not to spam them if your wallet can support it.

Sent from Topic'it App

Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 15:46

Mppqlmd wrote:
Imo it's not about strike teams being bad, it's about the fact that riptides are, again, completely out of control, and there is no reason not to spam them if your wallet can support it.

Sent from Topic'it App

Yes i agree, they are very powerful again.

AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 16:07

Mppqlmd wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
why so? riptides are vable but i wouldnt consider them op
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 18:25

Mppqlmd wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

Too bad they aren’t vehicles Twisted Evil #splinterracks

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 18:32

What profile so they have?

PostSubject: Re: Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.   Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now it all makes sense on why we were released last of the three.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next