THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...

Go down 
+6
tlronin
Firdeth
V'rach
Evil Space Elves
Thor665
blackoutcs
10 posters
AuthorMessage
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... Empty
PostSubject: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 23:08

Although I am not a "fan" of blue table painting, I like to listen to their batreps while i paint due to their length. Anyone half their wits knows that their tactical expertise is "questionable" at best. I was painting the other day and clicked on one of their batreps as i normally due for the background noise except in this batrep their leader "Shawn" decided to play DE. Im not saying im "the best" and have been playing the DE army for about 2-3 years, but their leader "Shawn" was so abhorrently bad (as normal) i actually found it revolting. I found it revolting that he played his raiders/ravagers like they landraiders and his troops like they were paladins. DE is one of those armies that you really cant just "pick up" and expect to do well with. As we know there is a learning curve. It goes without saying that he lost.

Maybe seeing a bad DE general got to me because ive never really seen one of that level and am the only active DE player in my meta. Has anyone else watched another DE general and had similar feelings?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 00:30

Heck, I have those feelings about myself as well as others.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 00:37

I usually have the urge to huskblade myself in the nuts whenever I realize how badly I I play sometimes. Okay, I just wanted to type "huskblade myself in the nuts"... Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 01:15

it is rather enjoyable to type "__*random piece of warear___ myself in the nuts"
Back to top Go down
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 07:05

Makes me want to agoniser myself in the nuts when i play some times...... well i remembered to move my archon unforrtunately i forgot to move anything else.... Evil or Very Mad

did this at my last tournament, not good.

Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 07:26

blackoutcs wrote:
it is rather enjoyable to type "__*random piece of warear___ myself in the nuts"

Heh typing it yeah but thinking about it too deeply not so much...

I can get really annoyed by people who play DE really wrong but only if they were boasting about their great tactical and playing skills before. Newbies to either 40K or DE are excempt from my scorn and hey it's not like I am a tactical genius myself. I am a mediocre player and everybody makes a mistake at times that will cost you a game.

I knew a guy in a games store who thought himself a 40K deity and would prove it to all by starting DE and giving all of us a run for it. I showed the annoying loudmouth he didn't know nothing about DE by defeating him in turn two(DE vs DE match) and humiliating him a few times more after he called it luck or had his army list "the way I wanted it in the first place". This guy would also butt in on games and give unwanted tactical advice which...well wasn't really tactical. People like that should be humiliated in public IMO

Story ends with the guy mutilating his DE further and further(making new lists almost daily, failing completely and too proud to accept any help)and eventually stopped playing as it was a, and I quote, bad luck army. I do not mind bad generals but I do mind bad ones that try and give others advice like they are a gift from the dark muses or something. I hardly give tactical advice about DE myself. Especially since I played fifth edition like ten times only.
Back to top Go down
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 07:46

DE is so scenario specific that you cant really give people hard fast rules that work all the time. its not like leaf blowers lists where the plan will always be "shoot those guys with guns" . we simply dont have that luxury
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 08:13

I have those feelings about myself haha... Rolling Eyes

Sometimes I just go like: D'oh @myself, like Homer Simpson. Sometimes you just do things that you should know better by now after a few years of WH40k.

Like, a game in 4th edition a while ago. I set up a squad of 10 warriors with 2 DL's in a ruïns (remember we could do that back in the days guys?). But I wanted them all nicely in the ruïns, so I packed them up nice and tight (i'm sometimes a bit autistic during deployment). I played against vanilla Marines. The guy started popping off a few pieplates and... ALL the models fit under the large blast template. So I had to make 10 saves, blabla... You get my point. Every newbee learns quick enough to try to always space them out to avoid template disasters like these. Free advice for the newbee's. Wink

Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 10:04

blackoutcs wrote:
DE is so scenario specific that you cant really give people hard fast rules that work all the time. its not like leaf blowers lists where the plan will always be "shoot those guys with guns" . we simply dont have that luxury

True that I shudder every time kill points come up...my army simply does NOT do well at KP. Objectives are also meh but I'm learning to simply try and grab those near the end of the battle, I used to take them turn 1 because "hell yeah I'm fast!" and watched those units get massacred. Laughing
Back to top Go down
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 14:18

so if your army isnt good at kill points......or objectives........what is it good at Neutral
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 14:54

There is a third level which was introduced to me by some poor Tyranid player who need to play with his dex.
Play to wipe =) He actually design lists whos targets is to table opponents, not win missions. And it bleeds KP like hell.
He says - better odds that way.

Probably same can be aplied to DE...but its hard to take little scoring when you are filling 6 troops slots =)
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 19:05

blackoutcs wrote:
so if your army isnt good at kill points......or objectives........what is it good at Neutral

Think you misunderstand it's not the army that is bad but the general. I had to learn what I did wrong and adjust my playstyle accordingly. For me it was adjusting to the new edition.
No problems with objectives the last battles I had and I am certain kill points will also become less of a headache. Like Azdrubael says I will now simply go for killing stuff and don't worry too much about actual points. Just play normally which is logical as I find that when I win with DE it is quite a gruesome victory...for my opponent. Hear the same from other DE players Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 14:19

I have a guy at my LGW that pretty much has every army (basically he has the money, and starts a new fantasy or 40k army every other week... I wish I had that kind of cash Neutral ) but when he started DE I literally threw a book at him (it was only a codex... but still) I will admit DE are still one of his armies he has kept with (most of the others he has traded or given away because he stopped liking them after starting them and moved on to another army) but everytime he plays them it hurts to watch him. Last game I saw him play he had 9 incubi + all upgrades + haemie ancient w/ Agoniser and shattershard in one raider. Luckily the people he was playing against had no idea what they were, and he was able to get them in combat twice to whipe out a squad of shooty termies and a full tactical squad, until the incubi were charged by a dread and were stuck there the rest of the game.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 17:18

Well, personally I haven't found Dark Eldar that difficult to use. DEldar are the first army that I have played with (I have collected others, but just for the models) and I have had, most of the time, resounding success, other than one time when I was playing a low points game and my Hellions got shot down by Bolters. That was my only loss, otherwise, I don't see how they are difficult not to win with.

I wouldn't say that I am a good general, but if you stick to the basics of speed, cover and covering fire, then you usually do quite well.
Maybe he just sucked as a general because he had been used to playing with a different army's tactics.

I have, however, seen someone else allow their Trueborns be assaulted by Howling Banshees. He knew that they would hunt his Trueborns, and, instead of moving them back out of assault range or mounting them in a nearby Venom, he moved thm onto an objective and watched as they got hacked to pieces.

If i'm honest, I felt joy at his missery as I do not know anybody else in my area who plays DE, so it was good to see my competition make that mistake.

My area is mainly Tau, Space Marines, Craftworld Eldar and hundreds of Ork armies, but so far I haven't had much bad luck.

Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
redgrief
Slave
redgrief

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 20:11

tlronin wrote:
I have those feelings about myself haha... Rolling Eyes

Sometimes I just go like: D'oh @myself, like Homer Simpson. Sometimes you just do things that you should know better by now after a few years of WH40k.

Like, a game in 4th edition a while ago. I set up a squad of 10 warriors with 2 DL's in a ruïns (remember we could do that back in the days guys?). But I wanted them all nicely in the ruïns, so I packed them up nice and tight (i'm sometimes a bit autistic during deployment). I played against vanilla Marines. The guy started popping off a few pieplates and... ALL the models fit under the large blast template. So I had to make 10 saves, blabla... You get my point. Every newbee learns quick enough to try to always space them out to avoid template disasters like these. Free advice for the newbee's. Wink

lol i really need that i am a complete noob, i had more points than m8, he had orks, poned me withh out getting in close Sad lol! i epic fail
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...   Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Makes me want to electrocorrosive whip myself in the nuts...
Page 1 of 1