THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Psychic Defence Speculation

Go down 
+6
Squidmaster
AzraeI
PFI
TheBaconPope
Burnage
FuelDrop
10 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Psychic Defence Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 01:16

With our already meagre defences replaced by a one use stratagem, do we think that maybe there will be a new option for us to replace it?

Because as is we are getting hard nerfed by having our one defence go from bad to terrible.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 01:25

I strongly suspect that the most we can hope for is something like a stratagem that denies a psychic power or gives a save to mortal wounds caused by them.

Our best defense against psychic powers is likely going to remain taking allies.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 01:28

We'll get a warlord trait that allows us to deny one power per turn. That I'm reasonably certain of. Other than that, maybe they'll bring back the Helm of Spite that causes perils on any doubles?

Aside from those two, I don't see anything else they'll give us

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 03:54

You can still take the crucible of malediction on haemoncs... You can take index wargear, and now you get a strat that will allow your haemonc to use the strat and his wargear in the same turn effectively doubling its effects. It got better!
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 10:48

PFI wrote:
You can still take the crucible of malediction on haemoncs... You can take index wargear, and now you get a strat that will allow your haemonc to use the strat and his wargear in the same turn effectively doubling its effects. It got better!

i still dont understand why this is a thing
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 11:26

Just like Tau and Necrons, I suspect we'll get nothing.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dizzie
Kabalite Warrior
Dizzie

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 15:17

the helm of spite lets you deny the witch once per turn and if you succeed causes perils for caster.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 15:36

Yeah the helm of spite is actually very solid, I suspect most lists will be using it. However, is is our only psychic defense basically since the crucible sucks now. Better than nothing but not going to make a huge difference against a very psyker heavy army.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 15:56

Do we know if the hell of spite exists in the new codex? If it does that's awesome! If not our psycher defense is just gonna be what it has been for the past year ... Charge the psycher and try to kill it in one go
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 16:00

The CoM is really good vs Horrors and GKs. Maybe vs some heavy Psyker AM or Renegades list. But I think the Helm will be the only real anti psyker we'll get. And that's okey I'd say. Deny and make them perrils is sort of scary for most armies.

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Defence Speculation   Psychic Defence Speculation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psychic Defence Speculation
Page 1 of 1