THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Psychic...stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 16:49

During an apocalypse match I managed to borrow a super awesome Forge world Tantalus and for the heck of it I put 7 Grotesques with Urien and vect in it with Eldrad rolling up behind it with a Harlestar. Rolling telepathy until I got invisibility I then switched to divination in time to get prescience and 4++ power. Can I use invisibility on the Tantalus? I had LOS to it and everything. Well in the game I did and turbo boasted it to get a 2+ cover save! All the while cutting open an enemy jetseer and a few warlocks *misfortuned*. Was I allowed to do this, it probabilly wouldn't matter in an Apoc game but in a real game albeit a LOL-y one to run that Tantalus, could I do this? I sounds like a REALLY good way to get the Grots into the enemy army!

Also in a different game VS. Fateweaver tzeentch daemons eldrad practically won the game by himself. By that I mean runes of warding won it for me. A little complication came up when fateweaver rolled a double 6 and a 2. This means he takes perils from runes of warding because he rolled over twelve but I also though he would take a SECOND perils from double 6. The RAW don't specify that you have to roll only a double 6, it says when a double 6 is rolled. He wasn't sure, so we rolled off and he took double wounds, making him an easy target for a venom! But how should we of done that? Was I right, I don't see anywhere where it says you can only take a single perils.
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 19:03

you only take 1 perils test and its for 12 or more hence the double 6 roll forces perils, im sure ive read some where in the rules about this.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 20:16

yeah, the 12+ to perils of RoW replaces the normal perils of double 1s or double 6s

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 21:43

I did not know that they do not Perils on double ones in that case.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 14:51

CaptainBalroga wrote:
I did not know that they do not Perils on double ones in that case.

Ive always seen it as a replacement effect rather than an additional effect, and that is the only way I have ever seen it play. tbh with you questioning it, I can see how you can think that they will still perils on double 1s, as it says nothing about that at all. But tbh RoW is already too overpowered as it is, so I dont feel bad giving them something for their troubles Very Happy

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 16:33

I would like to think that it replaces it. But it doesn't say that anywhere, and besides, his daemons have been thrashing me in fantasy for the last 3 years! Give me something back goddamit!
Back to top Go down
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 19:03

Compare it to the Tyranids Shadow in the Warp ability.

Books are handy right now, but I believe SitW states you take the test on 3d6 and take perils on any double ones or double sixes. The wording wording on Runes doesn't state any about the normal perils, just that it occurs on a 12+, so any case of a double 6 will still automatically trigger it, where as a double 1 would not.

But really, it may become moot in 3ish weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Psychic...stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychic...stuff   Psychic...stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psychic...stuff
Page 1 of 1