THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!

Go down 
+11
fisheyes
Mppqlmd
Ming the Merciless
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Lord Asvaldir
amishprn86
TheBaconPope
Gorefather
Saldiven
Causalis
FattimusMcGee
15 posters
AuthorMessage
FattimusMcGee
Hellion
FattimusMcGee

FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! Empty
PostSubject: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 11:52

BAM!
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 15:28

Oh sweet mother of suffering! We are STRONG baby! The BOLS video about our Stratagems and WL traits etc is also uploaded on their channel. Our artefacts are GOOOOD!

Finally we can play a really flavourful and hard hitting army. With all the traits etc. we can build very diverse lists. The Coven one that dishes out mali to LD seems nice with all the ways to affect LD. Just kill a single marine and you have -5 on a unit, so watch them flee on a 4+.

Pretty much EVERYTHING got better in some way. The only two things that I hoped for that didn't change are the transport capacities of our Venoms/Raiders and the Archite Glaive still being trash with -1 to-hit (even though you can replace it with an artefact that is stronger and doesn't have a -1 to hit).
Back to top Go down
Saldiven
Slave
Saldiven

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 15:41

Sigh.

Some pretty nice stuff, but still issues where character mobility is concerned, and a few other things that were glaringly obvious.

But, maybe that's addressed in the artifacts or something.
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion
Gorefather

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 17:27

Saldiven wrote:
Sigh.

Some pretty nice stuff, but still issues where character mobility is concerned, and a few other things that were glaringly obvious.

But, maybe that's addressed in the artifacts or something.

Damn, I forgot HQs can't ride on Raiders or Venoms.

Oh wait they still can.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 18:37

Quote :
Damn, I forgot HQs can't ride on Raiders or Venoms.

Oh wait they still can.

Where they either have to commandeer a vehicle for themselves (Doubling their point costs), or have their troops give up a significant amount of their wargear. Not to mention they give up any character protections, and can be instakilled when their ride blows up.

Archons are going to be buff vectors for Ravagers and CP farms, both of which are backline positions that completely negate their combat abilities. Succubi are going to double up on drugs to jog behind their wyches in the hopes of getting into combat. Haemey's are, arguably, the only ones that'll be fluffy from this. They'll probably have room to fit in Grot Raiders, or trod behind a line of Pain Engines.

All of these are realities we faced in the index, and have basically been the number one complaint of DE players since 7th. The fact remains that the only armies with slower HQs than us are AdMech and Guard. Necrons have better mobility than us. Necrons!

I think it's a fair criticism of the codex to point that out.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 18:51

This has been posted already Razz
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion
Gorefather

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 18:53

TheBaconPope wrote:

I think it's a fair criticism of the codex to point that out.

Sure, I understand why people are upset about it, but we knew we weren't getting any new models since we didn't get them announced 2 months before the book got previewed. People are quitting the army over something we all knew would happen after the announcement and trend of codexes removing unmodeled wargear.

Yeah it sucks that we can't run the Baron, but I'm fine with taking a cheaper Venom and putting my HQs into it and avoiding the enemy while it gets close and letting the Raiders draw aggro. Take Flayed Skull, zip into cover, next turn jump out and start chopping through units the Reavers already tied up.

Maybe one day GW will give us new models, probably after plastic Aspects. Until then I'm going to keep playing my army the way I've always played it instead of burning them and quitting the game.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 18:57

Lets stop talking about whats "not" in it and someone make a QQ thread about it so all these topics dont become bog down with it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 19:04

Well said, the complaints about no jetbike/board characters and transport capacity are bogging down a lot of the threads about other things. Plus as gorefather mentioned it really shouldn't have come as a big surprise, and it's not the end of the world to make a work around for it.
Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 19:51

Everyone needs to be positive
We just got a pretty good new codex
I'm playing in my last index tournament now having fun doing ok
New codex will be great
Frankly if people quit I couldn't care less
Go play space marines
Go throw ya toys out of the cot lol
Back to top Go down
Ming the Merciless
Hellion
Ming the Merciless

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 20:15

"Take that"
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 20:21

Everyone has to right to complain. Raiders not going to 12 is sure going to make the archon feel a lot more like a tax... Not sure if I'm ready to take 6 of those....
Is it a good reason to quit the game? Seems a bit excessive. But it would have been very simple to change that transport capacity.
Lots of reasons to be happy, some reasons to be salty... Overall it's a success, I'd say. Still, for an army supposed to field 6 hqs, our hqs have very problematic issues.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
FattimusMcGee
Hellion
FattimusMcGee

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 23:51

People freaking out over capacity are silly.

LOOK AT THE POINT DROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes up for your lost capacity 100%. Just spam more Venoms.

My "stock list" saved 120pt on Venoms *ALONE*. I'm saving 1pt for each Kabalite so that's another ~25pt or so. Dissies are cheap now... The only two things that go up in price (that I know of) are Archon (70pt) and Blaster (18pt)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 00:21

Looks amazing. Grotesquery toughness is back (even if its at half the attacks), vehicle spam is back, troops are insanely cheap. Lots of great combos and cheap units. Its a great time to be an archon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 08:52

grotesques have half the attacks now??
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 09:07

CptMetal wrote:
grotesques have half the attacks now??

I think he was comparing the Grotesques with their 7th edition stateline. With Rampage and +1A for charging.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 14:46

Sorry for the confusion, I am refering to half the attacks of the 7th Ed Grotesquery formation.

This current itteration of Grots seems to want to focus on ther toughness (in a world of D6 damage weapons :/ ) over damage output.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 16:38

fisheyes wrote:
Sorry for the confusion, I am refering to half the attacks of the 7th Ed Grotesquery formation.

This current itteration of Grots seems to want to focus on ther toughness (in a world of D6 damage weapons :/ ) over damage output.

Did they really have 10 attacks last edition?? I remember 7 which is of course still 2 more then now. (If you attack with the cleaver)
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 19:27

Don’t suppose anyone has seen the points costs for beastmasters, Kymerae & clawed fiends have they?
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 19:35

Nope, the BoLS video had a sound glitch while taking about beasts. Really hope the beastmaster gets a pts reduction since we're forced to take one now.
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 19:37

With the leadership buff you can give him, I would take him as an autoinclude anyway.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:30

CptMetal wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

Did they really have 10 attacks last edition?? I remember 7 which is of course still 2 more then now. (If you attack with the cleaver)

They had 4+D3 (well 3+ccw and then rampage)
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:39

It'd be kind of cool if the Beastmaster moved to the HQ slot. He buffs three units, which is as many as all the others.

Edit: He needs a sizable point drop too, he costs as much as a Succubus now!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:50

TheBaconPope wrote:
It'd be kind of cool if the Beastmaster moved to the HQ slot. He buffs three units, which is as many as all the others.

Edit: He needs a sizable point drop too, he costs as much as a Succubus now!
The video said he was still elite sadly (I really was hoping he would be an HQ, its someone i was asking for), but from other scourges he is around the 25-30pt range (I cant get a confirmation on that tho)
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 23:49

Yeah I didn't hear the beastmaster pts cost in the BoLS video, 25ish seems reasonable because yeah staying at the pts cost of the succubus would be madness, so I'm sure he'll go down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!   FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FULL CODEX REVIEW!!! IN-DEPTH!!!!
Page 1 of 1