THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers Empty
PostSubject: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:46

So I've been thinking a bit about obsidian rose footslogging lists. With the improved range, the archon reroll and the morale stratagem, I see some strong possibilities. As I suck at math and I don't have the codex in my hands, I won't attempt to make a complete list, but I have a cool consept that I want to try.

A battallion detachment with two archons and as many kabalite warrior squads of twenty I can fit
A spearhead detachment with two dark lance ravagers and one dissie ravager.

Since I wont be using ANY transports, the amount of kabalites i could bring will probably be insane.
With the shooting in the moral phase stratagem, I think this consept could do loads of damage.

Do you guys have any input?

Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:52

I think thats a good idea but personnaly i would remove the ravager cause they will be easy target cause no other vehicle. Maybe replace them with scourge ?
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:56

Or more squads of kabalites...

Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:57

Ah ah yes but then the army composition seems a bit boring to me
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:59

Yup... That is the catch. Perhaps if I use a wych detachment to cause some reaver disruption, it will lively things up a bit.

Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:03

Maybe yes , or besat if they are worst it. Maybe mandrake ?
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:07

I think that I will never be able to play a list like this, due to the fact that I don't have the time or the patience to paint 90+ kabalite warriors.

Lyceus
Hellion
Lyceus

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:09

Would you run the squads with shredders or blasters?
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:13

Mostly blasters, but maybe two squads with shredders and splintercannons for anti horde.

Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:14

I think shredder are good only in WWp if you play a foot list
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:16

But they get improved range... but the wwp is a good idea, though.

Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:17

Well a lot of people talk about use wwp , appear in rapid fire range and then make them fall back 7" with a stratgeme. Look like a pretty good combo to me
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:30

My opponents will probably won't like me for running it. I personally hate playing against horde spam (with raging intensity), So I feel kind of dirty, thinking about this list. Had a chaos opponent in 7th ed running 100+ zombies around a baneblade and artillery, guarded by a voidshield. That was pure hell to go up against.

colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:35

2 archons

6x10 kabalites with 2 blasters and dark lance.

6 dissy ravagers

2 or 3 mandrake units

Doomseer, min conclave a spirited. Doom, jinx plus whatever.

A boring list but is gets work done

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:37

That is just... sickening.

Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:38

colinsherlow wrote:
2 archons

6x10 kabalites with 2 blasters and dark lance.

6 dissy ravagers

2 or 3 mandrake units

Doomseer, min conclave a spirited. Doom, jinx plus whatever.  

A boring list but is gets work done

What a ugly list.. but yeah probably pretty strong
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 21:42

It probably needs an extra archon for the spearhead detachment

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 23:36

I mean could you make this list work? Probably, with kabalite warriors being so cheap it would be easy to make tons of 10 man units, plus with good access to special/heavy weapons you'd have a decent amount of firepower. I'm not sure that it would be fun though, I feel like playing DE as a disposable horde army just feels wrong.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 23:45

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
I mean could you make this list work? Probably, with kabalite warriors being so cheap it would be easy to make tons of 10 man units, plus with good access to special/heavy weapons you'd have a decent amount of firepower. I'm not sure that it would be fun though, I feel like playing DE as a disposable horde army just feels wrong.

I would never play this list as I prefer diversity and speed. I think this list would be good, but not amazing. Proper terrain wouldn't do this list any favors as it doesn't have the speed and maneuverability that is needed imo.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 23:48

I would take 20 man units instead of 10 to maximize the stratagem effect against morale. But I agree. A list like this is not fun to play or play against. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, though it would be interesting to see how a list like this would fare at a tournament.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers   Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Footslogging obsidian rose and ravagers
Page 1 of 1