THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Obsidian Rose Blasterborn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom090
Slave
Tom090

Obsidian Rose Blasterborn  Empty
PostSubject: Obsidian Rose Blasterborn    Obsidian Rose Blasterborn  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2018, 15:36

Hi everybody, I've been having some success with a 5 man team of Trueborn in Raiders. I'm taking them as Obsidian Rose for the added range and I'm giving the Dracon a 12" (+6" for rose) blast pistol. This is effectively giving me 5(!) DL shots for 133 points. I tend to deepstrike 2 units in a raider to absolutely obliterate anything that's T7 or below so the 12" pistol synergising with the 24" blasters is rarely an issue.  My question to you math hammer/tournament types is: why do most people run the standard 5 man teams of Kabalites with blasters over the trueborn now? I did some quick maths and your getting roughly half the blasters for that 133 points.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose Blasterborn    Obsidian Rose Blasterborn  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2018, 15:59

Heads up: Pistols don't benefit from the Obsidian Rose Obsession.

I think that given how cheap Kabalites are and how accessible darklight is, I don't see a reason to field an expensive elite unit just to cram 4 Blasters together, but Obsidian Rose is definitely the Kabal to do it with...I've played Obsidian Rose Shredderborn and that filled a niche, but I can hit my darklight quota without a squad of Trueborn and I don't want to pay a points premium on Kabalites so they can carry extra Blasters.

I'm not knocking the choice to run Trueborn, especially Obsidian Rose Trueborn, but generally it just feels like an unnecessary upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose Blasterborn    Obsidian Rose Blasterborn  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2018, 16:03

Tom090 wrote:
 My question to you math hammer/tournament types is: why do most people run the standard 5 man teams of Kabalites with blasters over the trueborn now? I did some quick maths and your getting roughly half the blasters for that 133 points.
Not a math hammer guy but am a tournament guy.
I run 5 man squads with a blaster for two main reasons. they fill out the battalion requirement for troops and are objective secured.
When running a tournament list there will be ravagers, talos, grots and the like, so points are getting thin. the low cost and obsec of standard warriors actually become more attractive.

And to be fair, the way you say you run this squad IS NOT 133 points, it is 351.
For that cost, you can get 10 grotesques. Not even a close choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose Blasterborn    Obsidian Rose Blasterborn  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17 2018, 12:48

The notes about filling detachment and obj. secured are ones I'll second.
I'll also note that, for me, some of the real value of buying Kabalites is getting access to a Dissie Raider. Yeah, the Blaster is great, but the Dissie spam is really powerful, and I get more Dissies with Kabs than I ever would with Trueborn.

Also, with the number of horde armies still in the meta, paying extra points for Blasters and losing out on poison shots is actually something you need to debate if it's worth it. My list has plenty of darklight, and I don't need to pay more to weaken my anti-infantry options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian Rose Blasterborn    Obsidian Rose Blasterborn  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obsidian Rose Blasterborn
Page 1 of 1