THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Screaming Jet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 14:38

This Strat can only be used once right? So just 1 vehicle and its contents in the Webway?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 15:05

There is debate on this one, based on whether "before the game starts" or "deployment" count as a phase of the game and therefore covered by the "each strategem once per phase" rule.

As I see it, its counts, so you can only use it once. The argument is that Webway Portals specificaly say "either once or twice", so I see no reason the others who be excluded from the once only rule.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 15:47

Squidmaster wrote:
There is debate on this one, based on whether "before the game starts" or "deployment" count as a phase of the game and therefore covered by the "each strategem once per phase" rule.

As I see it, its counts, so you can only use it once. The argument is that Webway Portals specificaly say "either once or twice", so I see no reason the others who be excluded from the once only rule.

The big books says that stratagem that are used before the start of the battle are not affected, same as those used at the end of a phase. So yeah, I'd definitely say you can use it more than once in all good conscience. Whether this was intented or not, we'll know soon enough but for your information this exact same stratagem exists in the CWE codex in the exact same form and wasn't FAQed.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 17:05

BRB pg reference please?
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 17:09

Choose mission p. 215, under strategic discipline at the bottom left.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 20:43

Dalakh wrote:
Choose mission p. 215, under strategic discipline at the bottom left.

Huh.

Seriously.

Huh.

Then WHAT is the POINT is Webway having two COSTS?!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 22:57

Good question matey. lol!
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 07:13

Webway portal has fewer restrictions on what you can deep strike, therefore costs more. Screaming Jets mandates a flying transport.
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 17:15

A flying vehicle. So also planes and Ravagers. In fact since every single Drukhari vehicle flies it's just every drukhari vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 15:17

Webway portal strategem also specifies that you can only use it ONCE. Screaming jets does not.

Hence why WWP has 2 costs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Screaming Jet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Screaming Jet   Screaming Jet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screaming Jet
Page 1 of 1