THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

count as and conversion corner

Go down 
+5
Soulless Samurai
mynamelegend
The Red King
Burnage
CptMetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

count as and conversion corner Empty
PostSubject: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 00:09

Some of our models are insanely expensive or maybe you just don't like the look of it (hello grotesques in mono pose).
I want to collect some ideas for conversions:

Grotesques:
I use Warhammer crypt horrors with Talos masks.

Mandrakes:
Warhammer spirit hosts. One of those bases consists of three potential mandrakes.

Wracks:
I don't use this idea but I'm planning on stealing it the good commorite way: ghouls from Warhammer with modelled Talos masks as wracks.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 00:40

One of the things I like the most about the Dark Eldar is how many conversion possibilities they have. Some of the ideas that I've tried or have mulled over;

Archon and Kabalites: Shadow Warriors
Kabalites or Wyches: Black Ark Corsairs
Wracks: Crypt Ghouls
Wyches: Witch Aelves
Grotesques: Crypt Horrors
Incubi: Sisters of Silence with Wild Rider heads
Lhamean: Witch Aelves or Female Vampire Lord
Mandrakes: Sprite-Revenants
Sslyth: Daughters of Khaine Melusai
Clawed Fiends: Cold Ones
Khymerae: Dire Wolves
Razorwing Flocks: Aetherwings
Scourges: Daughters of Khaine Khinerai
Talos: Stormfiends

Of those, the ones that I think look best are Crypt Horrors as Grotesques and Melusai as Sslyth. Corsairs also made a great Bloodbride unit.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 00:42

I actually intend to use the khinerai as hellion.

Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 02:07

Burnage wrote:

Mandrakes: Sprite-Revenants

You think these would work? I was really eyeing them until I realized they're on 32mm bases, while mandrakes are on 25mm. They've got pretty broad-legged poses, so I don't think a base swap would be doable without having them standing on jutting rocks or somesuch.

Oh, to add to the suggestions...

Khymerae: Grot Spider Riders' Riding Spiders.
Razorwing Flocks: Spirit Hosts.
Incubi: Executioners.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 10:28

CptMetal wrote:
Mandrakes:
Warhammer spirit hosts. One of those bases consists of three potential mandrakes.

Those would be fantastic.

I don't know if this would work, but maybe get models from other armies and make it look like these are emerging from shadows behind them?

Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 11:10

For a previous DC secret Santa I created some wracks by using wyches and doom fire warlocks from fantasy. Not sure if it is a cheap solution, but they were looking very good. Have a look at my (never updated) project log.

Torapu
Slave
Torapu

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 11:30

I use Gryphhounds for my khymerae they come with the right base and its 6 models for reasonable price. Btw what base size is for grotesques?
Back to top Go down
MitchH311
Slave
MitchH311

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 13:12

I'm planning on using Legion of Everblight warspears for my grots conversions and LoTR Trolls for Talos/Cronos. I really like the bipedal, mutated, faceless look.

Gonna use ghouls as khymerae and crypt horrors as clawed fiends ~ if there is any reason to run them.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 19:43

Most of the good ones have been mentioned, except maybe Sisters of Slaughter as a Wych unit.

The new Deep Kin will have a bounty of parts for us. Those eyeless bald dudes will make great mandrakes, there are riders who could be hellions or reavers, and that turtle would be a cool Coven raider.

Aren’t Khymerae super easy to represent with just Chaos Hounds?
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 21:36

Torapu wrote:
I use Gryphhounds for my khymerae they come with the right base and its 6 models for reasonable price. Btw what base size is for grotesques?

40mm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: count as and conversion corner    count as and conversion corner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

count as and conversion corner
Page 1 of 1