THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Archon Re-Roll Aura Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dygurren
Hellion
dygurren

Archon Re-Roll Aura Question Empty
PostSubject: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 21:12

Looking for an answer to this question. I'm relatively new to the list building so i'm still trying to figure this one out. Lets say I have an Archon +9 warriors in a raider, flanked on both sides by an additional raider with +10 warriors inside. So visually: KAB BOAT - Archon BOAT - KAB BOAT. Assuming the two +10 warrior raiders are within 6" of the Archon boat, do all three units of warriors get to re-roll 1's to hit? As far as i understand, the warriors get the re-roll but the vehicles do not. Just looking for some clarification as i'm trying to figure out the best way to transport my Flayed Skull Archon so that the most units get re-rolls.

Note: This is for friendly games, so i'm not trying to min/max too much, just trying to avoid stupid errors
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 21:17

Nothing gets the rerolls. Not even the Archon himself.

Auras don't work inside, into or out of vehicles. Even ones in which the guy is standing in the open in full view of his troops. -.-

dygurren
Hellion
dygurren

PostSubject: Re: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 21:20

Ouch. So i really shouldn't base my positioning and list off of those re-rolls too much then. So they would only get the re-rolls if the Raider was gone and the Archon + warriors were all footslogging?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 21:23

dygurren wrote:
Ouch. So i really shouldn't base my positioning and list off of those re-rolls too much then. So they would only get the re-rolls if the Raider was gone and the Archon + warriors were all footslogging?

Exactly. If the Archon is on foot, then any Kabalites warriors on foot within 6" will benefit. As will any transports within 6" (though not their passengers).

So, yeah, I'd pretty much ignore the aura when considering transport positioning and list building.

dygurren
Hellion
dygurren

PostSubject: Re: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 21:26

Much appreciated

I'll also remember to "Never trust the French" going forward. I'm sure it will come up at some point
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 21:47

It's useful in CC, and it is DEFINITLY useful when you pick up the relic to reroll 1's to wound, and stand your Archon next to 3 ravagers.

Hellion
dygurren

PostSubject: Re: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 21:51

Mppqlmd wrote:
It's useful in CC, and it is DEFINITLY useful when you pick up the relic to reroll 1's to wound, and stand your Archon next to 3 ravagers.

Yeah, that is part of why I was asking because I see that strategy listed all the time. My current list replaced 3 Ravagers with 3 RWJF so I don't have much use for Writ of the Living Muse since my Black Heart Archon will be in a Raider
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archon Re-Roll Aura Question   Archon Re-Roll Aura Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archon Re-Roll Aura Question
Page 1 of 1