THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 08:32

I was just needing my experienced brothers and sisters to clarify something for me. An Archon a unit of grots will still get the benefits of his grenades if assaulting into cover even if the grots don't?
is it worth taking a PGL for him to give the grots that benefit? My thinking is he goes in and carves anyways?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 08:34

Archons grenades benefit only the archon. Usually its not that important to have PGL as grots are quite durable.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 08:36

Thats what I thought thanks for the prompt reply!
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 10:08

I agree. I think of my 4 basic Grots as a 140 point upgrade for my tooled-up Archon; they are there to give her T5, to soak up wounds from crashing her Raider (honestly, that woman's insurance premiums must be through the roof...), to surround her on all sides from fire as she charges, and to make her look thin and pretty.
Back to top Go down
Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 16:58

commandersasha wrote:
I agree. I think of my 4 basic Grots as a 140 point upgrade for my tooled-up Archon; they are there to give her T5, to soak up wounds from crashing her Raider (honestly, that woman's insurance premiums must be through the roof...), to surround her on all sides from fire as she charges, and to make her look thin and pretty.

couldn't agree more with this!! its so nice having a T5 archon rolling around causing mayhem
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 20:06

Will Archon have T5 in a challenge if he is a part of Grot unit?

Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 20:23

Not that i'm aware of, i don't have my rulebook on me but as far as i remember the characters in the challenge are alone and everything is based on their own stats.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 23:40

^Correct, challenges are at her base toughness. It was FAQed for the main rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques   A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about an Archon in a unit of Grotesques
Page 1 of 1