THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Old Souls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sejason
Hellion
sejason

Old Souls Empty
PostSubject: Old Souls   Old Souls I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 12:55

Hey everyone Smile

I've been reading this forum for some years now. Sometimes a little less and now we have a shiny new Codex it's a little more.
I started playing 40k during second edition with the then all new Space Wolves Codex and when third edition was release together with Tau and Dark Eldar, the Dark Kin fascinated me. Though the fluff in their very first codex was really sparse (there were mostly rules and some sprinkled short stories in between), it was the combination of ruthlessness and helplessness that made them stand out for me.
I didn't play a lot of games and got out of the game for about 10 years as life moved on. In time for their revival with the fifth edition codex I jumped on the 40k train anew and was soooooo ultrahappy to read all those stories and little snippets of information in the codex over and over again!

Since then my army has grown (as has the Chaos army in the closet next to the Dark Eldar one ...) and my interest now is more into building the miniatures, creating unique models and playing with them on the battlefield. As I love having painted miniatures and I don't really like painting them, I'm mostly hiring someone to paint my creations for me - decadent, I know. But I'm playing Dark Eldar after all Wink
My miniatures don't follow a particular painting style. The ones I painted are mostly black, purple and red, but through some second-hand acquiries I also own some nice blue Kabalites plus their transports and a bunch of old school Harlequins in white and purple.

The games I play are all in a friendly environment, as I'm not a tournament player. I like taking my time and chatting with my counterpart while adoring a beautiful miniature. I like the epic moments created in the games, as they last much longer than a simple win or loss for me. As I was playing Chaos Marines and Daemons lately, most of those memories are from those miniatures, but I will add some with my Dark Eldar soon!

Pictures of some of my minis can be found here: https://sejason.deviantart.com/
And there'll be more soon, I hope Wink

Now I go and get myself a nice avatar pic!
Ciao, Seja
Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/

Old Souls
Page 1 of 1