THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of Fettered Souls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
horrid
Hellion
horrid

Kabal of Fettered Souls Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 08:56

I'd like to submit the Kabal of Fettered Souls. The present archon is Lord Clavius Hoar. As yet no history set in stone but the bare bones of the idea are as follows

-Roots of the kabal lie in the minor noble house Hoar which proceeded Vects rise to power.
-Until recently lead by Lord Artemael Hoar recognized for his canny nature and affinity for intrigue. Also the patriarch was renowned for his brood of scheming children.
-Recognized itself as minor player throughout history and cultivated non confrontational posture.
-Greatest enterprise being in the trafficing of slaves into Cormorragh. Unable to compete with more prominent houses and kabals. Hoar/Fettered Souls had an uncanny talent for providing exceptinally exquisite wretches. Think of them as purveyor of fine wines.
-Following rise of Clavius the fettered souls are closely allied with the Cult of the Inexorable Summation! Yay me the wych cult has a name Surprised.

Idea OK, a dedicated thread for my kabal and a fairly quick early history lesson.

Lord Artemael Hoar had an understanding. Notions of pride and honour were simply responses to true conditions. Power was the true centre and to hold such a position one had to surrender petty sentimentalties; allowing the veneer to be utterly malleable. Noble House Hoar had survived Vects ascension reinvented as the Kabal of Fettered Souls. The price of power had been insignificant; play the part of sycophant to the new overlord and perform a minor treachery.

Among the traditionalist nobles House Chrone acted the part of a counciliator. The aristocratic houses were broken by the Desaderian debacle but Lady Nemi believed a mecurial coup by a confederation of noble houses could subjugate Vect before he consolidated his reign. Hoar who had been Nemi's lover at the time realized a more certain path to power and orchestrated a plot of his own..........

to be continued
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 17:51

Awesome work. I'm interested in seeing more.
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 09:44

-Greatest enterprise being in the trafficing of slaves into Cormorragh. Unable to compete with more prominent houses and kabals. Hoar/Fettered Souls had an uncanny talent for providing exceptionally exquisite wretches. Think of them as purveyor of fine wines.

I'd put some thought into the logistics of this claim. The primary requirement would be intelligence on realspace. Eyes actively searching for promising prospects. I liked the idea of a shadow network that acted as agent provocateurs for the fettered souls both whisking away individuals and providing information on target systems where full on raids could be conducted. I decided a rogue trader dynasty would be an suitable cats paw. Widely ranging through the star lanes and on the fringes of imperial space and law. A trader company could justify having it's fingers plying through entire sectors without attracting undue suspicion and have enough influence and savvy to dismiss inquiries by minor imperial functionaries and local law. For story purposes it might be worth inventing a suspicious inquisitor who has some inkling of what is happening but it isn't really necessary.

The Vemakken Compact: the business arrangement with the Vemakken Charter

Porfiry Vemakken: present day patriarch of rogue trader house. The agreement between the dark eldar and traders has existed for millenia. More than thirty house heads have honoured the compact.

The Vemakken have become a power as a result of their relationship with the dark eldar. Over the centuries selected rivals had been lost with all hands with no reason for anyone to be suspicious of their fate let alone attribute the disappearances to the Vemakken.

I'll clean this up and write something more unified once I've sorted the big ideas.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 09:49

Great idea! And the rogue traders frequently have xenos crewmates. Your Kabal could have a permanent "Ambassador" on-board.
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 10:41

Until recently lead by Lord Artemael Hoar recognized for his canny nature and affinity for intrigue. Also the patriarch was renowned for his brood of scheming children.

Artemael's Get

In spite of the virtual immortality he enjoyed Lord Hoar remained obsessed with issues of lineage and succession. Many viewed this peculiarity as an affecation or vestigial yearning carried from a time before the fall. As the head of a noble house he concerned himself with getting potential heirs who could assume control of his house in the event of his untimely demise.

His lady wife brought no fewer than 12 true born children to term the last being twins whose birthing caused her death. Among other races or cultures a father might malign his offspring for the death of his spouse but Artemael took particular interest in these two praising them for the selfishness of their survival.

Few of the get reached maturity. Artemael's children lived in a microcosm of courtly intrigues of his devising. Webs of lies and fragile alliances were their playgrounds and scholams. Their lives were a game of survival intended to weed the unworthy from his lineage and leave him with a single successor. When Lord Artemael deemed his children ready for public life only four remained.

more to follow..................

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 11:00

Nice. I like it.
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 09:21

Artemael's Get cont.
-As an aside it may be better to let a couple more of the kids live-Four was a number I thought was worth developing on the fly. Anything presented is by no means complete or polished.

The twins who had so impressed Artemael by way of their birth had become a source of disappointment. Clavian who had been so precocious in childhood accounting for three of his siblings seemed infected with a malaise. Craving adventure he had taken to the stars of realspace with the Vemakken traders. While his voyages ended with valuable aquisitions his returns to Cormoragh shamed his sire in their debauchary. Clavian would flee his fathers court to the lowest levels of the black city and lose himself in the company of low gangers and base gladiators. Bitterly the Archon dismissed him as a hopeless pleasure seeker and attributed the choice slaves brought before him to the machinations of his human allies.

Khulbael had ever lived in the shadow of his twin, a near silent partner oft protected by his twin. When Clavian went to the stars Khulbael sequestered himself from his remaining siblings. Recognized for his keen mind Khulbael had gathered all manner of knowledge and devoured it voraciously in his isolation. In time Artemael took his learned son in to his court employing him as a steward and major-domo. The Archon found his son to be a useful if passionless tool and lamented his servile demeanor.

-Two kids fleshed for now. These two will become the two main protagonists for the army.

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Fettered Souls   Kabal of Fettered Souls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of Fettered Souls
Page 1 of 1