THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Compressor + airbrush recommendations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

Compressor + airbrush recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Compressor + airbrush recommendations   Compressor + airbrush recommendations I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 03:28

I've been researching for a few weeks and I've heard conflicting things about all the big brands, the popular products, and it's left me craving some plain ol' personal anecdotes.

Just curious what you fine folks are using, how long you've had your current equipment, and why you recommend (or don't recommend) it.

Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Compressor + airbrush recommendations   Compressor + airbrush recommendations I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 00:43

I have an eclipse hp-cs.  You absolutely want the gravity fed option otherwise you are going to waste a ton of paint.  The CS is a dual action ( you want that ) and is incredibly easy to clean.  

For a compressor I have one of these:  http://www.tcpglobal.com/ABD-TC-20T.html

It’s quiet enough to use inside the house and has plenty of power.  Whatever you get make sure it has a tank.  There are tons of crap compressors that don’t have tanks. Those often don’t provide enough PSI to drive an airbrush. ( Aztek Is one of the worst )

I’ve had this airbrush and compressor for years. It’s the same setup that people who do this for a living use.

Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: Compressor + airbrush recommendations   Compressor + airbrush recommendations I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 16:10

Thank you! Picked up an unused HP-CS for a steal on craigslist this morning. I plan to buy an adaptor and see how it goes with my Master compessor--guy at my local hobby shop said they're all made by the same Chinese manufacturer and that the quality is not so different among other brands at lower price points.

PostSubject: Re: Compressor + airbrush recommendations   Compressor + airbrush recommendations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compressor + airbrush recommendations
Page 1 of 1