THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Sacred Silence

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

Kabal of the Sacred Silence Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Sacred Silence   Kabal of the Sacred Silence I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 11:14

'Remember my kin, that silence is golden. Those who listen, will learn, and that knowledge is power. Choose your words carefully lest they betray you and lead to your own undoing.'
- Khalir Whispertongue
The Kabal of the Sacred Silence was founded in the wake of Vect's rise and the chaos it brought in its wake. Formed from a collection of disenfranchised nobles and ruthlessly ambitious low-born warriors and mercenaries, its founder and current ruling Archon, Khalir, was once a messenger of the old aristocracy, who's distain for the old ruling classes fueled his malice all the more. It was the arrogance of the elite that became their undoing. A low-born messenger hears many things while performing his duties and this information had a high value to Vect. When his treachery bore fruit, Khalir had already gained many allies to his cause, taking only the most malicious warriors to stand by his side. Scourge flocked to him in droves, old contacts in the wych cults, and mercenaries lending support in the revolution that followed. After his victory, Vect gave his blessing for the Kabal to form and Khalir's first act was to establish the Shadow Library, the base of operations for the kabal. They have become the most powerful information brokers in the city, and little happens in the dark city without their knowing and being added to their vast collection of secrets and relics kept in the vaults of their stronghold.
Although it has grown in number since their humble beginnings, the Kabal still remains small in terms of their number. This is partly due to Khalir's heightened paranoia regarding the secrets and knowledge he and his men guard. Initiation into the kabal is gruelling. A potential member has their tongue cut out and must deliver a message to the other side of Commorragh before bleeding to death or choking on their own blood. Those who survive will benefit from the vast riches and protection that the kabal can offer and can request a new tongue from the Humonculous Sr'lor after 100 years of loyal service. Sri'lor is a loner by nature and has given himself to perfecting the process of creating scourge. A valuable asset, who is paid handsomely and resides in his own wing of the Shadow Library.
Although it owes its existence to Vect, the Kabal remains mercenary in nature and will provide services to anyone who is able to afford it. These services mostly include spying on a rival or selling secrets and information from both the webway and realspace. However, the most costly service is known as a 'silencing'. If a particularly damaging or dangerous secret becomes known, an Archon or other client may approach Khalir directly to ask for this service which entails a systematic assassination of anyone who has discovered the information they do not wish spread, the secret itself of course is kept by Khalir has potential future leverage. The assassins who perform this duty are the personal eilte of Khalir and it is said that they are led by the Dracon Varith, a trueborn son of Khalir and Tattu the Graceful, succubus of the Cult of the Shadowed Talon and greatest ally of the Sacred Silence.

Military Doctrine:

Favouring speed and assassination tactics in battle, the Kabal of the Sacred Silence tends toward using smaller, more manouverable units to attack key targets and leaders, disrupting communications and sowing panic among the enemy.
As messengers and spies, they often opperate in teams in the dark city and this carries over into their military structure. Given their skills at gathering intel, the clumsy tactics and defences of lesser races tend to provide little resistence to these carefully executed raids.
Small groups of warriors with excellent equipment swarm from the skys, while scourge and the impressive airforce eliminate key targets.
Khalir himself often leads these raids, accompanied by a team of deadly assassins to seek out and kill or capture those who dare to lead his enemies.
They are often accompanied by the Cult of the Shadowed Talon, who's own focus on speed compliments their own. The aim of these raids is often the aquisition of knowledge or relics, and it is said that the true aim of the kabal is the discovery of a way to rid themselves and indeed their whole race from the threat of the Great Enemy

Realspace Raid:
Archon: Khalir Whispertongue
Dracon and master of assassins: Varith the Silencer
Silencer Assassin team

6x5 kabalites
2x5 heralds
3x5 scourge
7 venoms
1 raider
2xrazorwing jetfighters
1 voidraven bomber

Cult of the Shadowed Talon
Tattu the graceful
9 wyches
3x3 reavers
Raider

Sr'lor

Aesthetic:

The Sacred Silence attracts a myriad of different warriors from all walks of life, thus although their barbed and serrated armour is given to them, they adorn it with personal trophies and reminders of their past, for no one is lower than the other in Cammorragh or real space. Light grey/white and purple are the main colours of the Kabal with black clothing underneath and these warriors carry high-grade splinter and darklight weaponry.
Those who have served the Kabal loyally act as heralds, donning cloaks that signify their position and set them apart from their tongueless comrades, they also carry more expensive weaponry given their smaller number and are better protected.

Character profiles and history to follow
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sacred Silence   Kabal of the Sacred Silence I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 02:10

nice write up!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sacred Silence   Kabal of the Sacred Silence I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2019, 16:28

Thanks Skari Smile changed it around a bitand posted the updated version in the discord (its Kit btw)
Back to top Go down
thealchemist
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sacred Silence   Kabal of the Sacred Silence I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2019, 15:32

I really like this as well. Inspired me to write out mine, i'll start it later today. BTW what are Heralds?
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sacred Silence   Kabal of the Sacred Silence I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2019, 15:35

Scourges originally, I might repost with my updates, but thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sacredsilence
Hellion
Sacredsilence

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sacred Silence   Kabal of the Sacred Silence I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06 2019, 08:41

Wait no, they were going to be the trueborn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Sacred Silence   Kabal of the Sacred Silence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1