THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Return of the Freakshow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

Return of the Freakshow  Empty
PostSubject: Return of the Freakshow    Return of the Freakshow  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 21:18

I was inspired by the new codex to try out the freakshow style army list again, centered around the dark creed and I quite enjoyed it. I went full out, with 2 patrols of Dark Creed with wracks and raiders and pain engines and the Fear Incarnate trait, a minimum Black Heart patrol with the Ancient Evil trait, and an Alaitoc patrol with 2 hemlocks with horrify and a farseer with mind war.

I ended up tabling a dual battalion of Emperor's Children on turn 5. MVP went to the farseer, who nuked a slightly wounded daemon prince for 7 mortal wounds using mind war. He rolled a 1 at -4 ld and I used Agents of Vect to stop the reroll, killing him.

Even with the character killing potential of this army I think it would still struggle against certain armies, especially Nids. Esoteric kill is appealing, but the dark creed trait tends to favour MSU, and I was running my pain engines in squads of 1 which wouldn't be cp efficient.

Anyone else tried running this style of army? Any successful or failed builds?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Freakshow    Return of the Freakshow  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 21:43

I want to try it, but I don't have any wrack at the moment XD. But my designed list is based on 3 raider drops composed of 2 wrack units. When they drop, with the raider, 1 have 3 units ar range of somes enemy units. Then, I shoot them with black hearts kabalites and ravagers and phantasm grenades.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAThousandCuts
Slave
DeathByAThousandCuts

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Freakshow    Return of the Freakshow  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 22:00

Care to share the exact list friend? I want to make something similar myself.

Also did you bother with grisly trophies on your raiders? They seem quite useful for a freakshow list.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Freakshow    Return of the Freakshow  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 22:18

For sure!
I went for the trophies though they only got to be used once for one model running away. For two points I think they're worth it but they didn't have an opportunity to be tested.

List:
Black Heart Patrol
Archon with Djin blade - 76pts - Warlord, Ancient Evil
5 Kabalites - Blaster - 47pts

Dark Creed Patrol
Haemy - Stinger pistol, electrocorrosive whip - 81pts - Fear Incarnate trait
5 Wracks - Ossefactor, Liquifier gun - 63pts - x3 - 189pts
Talos - Stinger Pod, macro-scalpel, chain-flails - 97pts - x2 - 194pts
Raider - Dark Lance, grisly trophies, phantasm grenade lancher - 90pts - x4 - 360pts

Dark Creed Patrol
Haemy - Stinger pistol, electrocorrosive whip - 81pts
5 Wracks - Ossefactor, Liquifier gun - 63pts - x3 - 189pts
Talos - 2 heat lances, talos gauntlet, macro-scalpel - 118pts
Cronos - Spirit probe, spirit vortex - 80pts

Alaitoc Patrol
Farseer - singing spear - 105pts
5 Rangers - 60pts
Hemlock - spirit stones - 210pts - x2 420pts
Back to top Go down
DeathByAThousandCuts
Slave
DeathByAThousandCuts

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Freakshow    Return of the Freakshow  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 22:38

Nice.

Hemlock wraith fighter seems extremely good for the points. Decent anti tank, -1 Ld AND a psychic power? Sounds pretty good. (Already thinking of ideas for a conversion to represent one; perhaps a Mucloid Spore mixed with a Talos, for a horrific hot air balloon pain engine)

I have a game next wednesday, I'll try and test out the trophies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Freakshow    Return of the Freakshow  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return of the Freakshow
Page 1 of 1