THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Return of the lost son

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Baalberith
Slave
Baalberith

Return of the lost son Empty
PostSubject: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 08:31

Hi everyone

I've been playing 40k since 2nd edition, I started with codex Angels of Death, eventually became a Blood Angels player. I owned a Dark Eldar army as well, roughly 5000pts of the old models but I sold them all before the new model range came out.

A few honourable mentions, used to have a small Kroot mercenaries force (1800pts), Ork army (over 2000pts), Catachan Green Berets theme army (2000pts), Death Korps of Krieg (1000pts), 2 Necron armies (4000pts) and a small force of Legion of the Damned (1000pts)...anyway, due to a lot of changes in life I ended up selling all of them...

Right now I own 10.000pts of Blood Angels and 0pts of Dark Eldar lol...but I want to change this last one.

I really enjoy this forum so I'll try to be as much active as possible and post the progresses of my army building...I'm still fighting over the colour scheme...

Happy gaming everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 09:27

Hi Baalberith. Welcome to TDC!

That is a lot of Blood Angels! I hope that you end up with a comparable DE force one day. I hope you find everything you need here.

Welcome to Commorragh.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2016, 15:08

Nice user name. I wish you'd been here when I was sourcing info for my Hellraiser Corpsethief. I almost did one of them as a Balberith.
Back to top Go down
Baalberith
Slave
Baalberith

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 13:57

Thx guys...I´ll do my best...I´ve already decided the colour scheme so now...first step is to buy stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 13:59

Nice. What colours are you going for?
Back to top Go down
Baalberith
Slave
Baalberith

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 14:02

Cavash wrote:
Nice. What colours are you going for?

I´m thinking...Dark Bronze, very similar to this http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/8/86/Dark_eldar_warrior.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140405233602

But the robes I want to paint them red...so they can stand out a bit more...also I want to do a few tribal signatures in white.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 14:06

Sounds pretty unique. If you get round to making a project log I look forward to seeing some finished models. The art is always good for inspiration
Back to top Go down
Baalberith
Slave
Baalberith

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 14:38

Cavash wrote:
Sounds pretty unique. If you get round to making a project log I look forward to seeing some finished models. The art is always good for inspiration

It will take a while but I´m thinking on starting a blog to post some of my B.A stuff and the Dark Eldar.

I will buy 2 Start collecting boxes, I think it is worth it...then a few venoms...have to play a few games to see what is good.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 14:54

10,000 points of BA, you certainly have plenty to show. Very Happy

And yeah, the Start Collecting boxes are good value for money. Venoms are pretty commonly used, too. Do you want to run DE pure or with allies? If pure It would be worth picking up or kitbashing some Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
Baalberith
Slave
Baalberith

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 15:04

Cavash wrote:
10,000 points of BA, you certainly have plenty to show. Very Happy

And yeah, the Start Collecting boxes are good value for money. Venoms are pretty commonly used, too. Do you want to run DE pure or with allies? If pure It would be worth picking up or kitbashing some Grotesques.

Pure D.E for me...I don´t ally with lesser creatures...lol.
Yeah, I have a few ideas to customize a few units Smile
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 17:27

Welcome to the boards, look forward to seeing what you put together and paint.
Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 19:02

My Kabalites are painted up in a bronze scheme, still haven't gotten back to them for details, but I really like metallics on DE. I used Citadel Sycorax Bronze, and washed them in Secret Weapon Soft Body Black Wash which I've really grown to love over Nuln Oil.
Back to top Go down
Baalberith
Slave
Baalberith

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 05:10

gvcolor wrote:
My Kabalites are painted up in a bronze scheme, still haven't gotten back to them for details, but I really like metallics on DE. I used Citadel Sycorax Bronze, and washed them in Secret Weapon Soft Body Black Wash which I've really grown to love over Nuln Oil.

Nice Smile Do you mind sharing some pics?
Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 05:59

hmmm - i took a few pics, but i guess you can't directly load them from your computer Rolling Eyes the faq says images need to be on a public server...
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 08:59

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t13433-inserting-pictures

This should help you insert pictures. Smile
Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25 2016, 02:59

Here's a quick pic of some of my Kabalites - damn, I need to get back to these and finish them up!!!

Again, it's Sycorax Bronze with Secret Weapon Soft Black Wash... My Venoms and all that are in a copper metallic, so I would likely hit some spots on these with copper.  I'm a fan of building up washes and prefer crusty, dirty looking compared to a super clean look. Anyway, maybe this helps... I better get painting these now! Smile

GV

Return of the lost son <a href=Return of the lost son DTs2eLs" />
Back to top Go down
Baalberith
Slave
Baalberith

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26 2016, 07:49

gvcolor wrote:
Here's a quick pic of some of my Kabalites - damn, I need to get back to these and finish them up!!!

Again, it's Sycorax Bronze with Secret Weapon Soft Black Wash... My Venoms and all that are in a copper metallic, so I would likely hit some spots on these with copper.  I'm a fan of building up washes and prefer crusty, dirty looking compared to a super clean look. Anyway, maybe this helps... I better get painting these now! Smile

GV

Return of the lost son <a href=Return of the lost son DTs2eLs" />

They really look good with the metallic colour scheme Smile

Thanks for the inspiration cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the lost son   Return of the lost son I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return of the lost son
Page 1 of 1