THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Female Incubi?

Go down 
+2
Thor665
DarkKokabel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 22:45

So I was looking at some old range models at a FLGS and saw some Incubi and one of them had breasts. That was the first I've seen/heard of them (though I did just start playing DE with this codex) and wanted to see if anyone had read about them before? I don't mean to sound sexist but when I think of Incubi I always think of guys (probably because of mythology).
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 02:38

Just like there are male Wyches (and male Bloodbrides) so there are female Incubi, I've got about two or three sticking around in my collection. They were fairly uncommon in the Incubi blisters back then, but did crop up.

Fluffwise I have noticed nothing that suggests any gender issues for Incubi. There's probably a slight trend for females to go the Wych route if they love h2h combat, but there are no stated restrictions and the models are about as close to official fluff as GW gets. Eldar as a race seem to be extremely gender neutral, they're more focused on success than gender.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 15:42

As Thor said, there is nothing saying that a female couldnt be a incubi (like the male wyches or craftworlders having male banshees) Eldar dont really care about gender, its more about your skill with the weapon at hand, and your state of mind.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 08:29

While not entirely on the same subject, I still find it better to just post it here than make a new thread. I've received a box of Banshees as a gift and I am thinking about just using them as Incubi. For this to work best, I will need to convert them slightly at least, but so far I'm drawing blank on ideas as to how work it in both on model and fluffwise, since the segmented plated armor and klaive are two signatures of an Incubus.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 08:47

Incubi=Scorpions moreso than Banshees. I think Banshees look too unarmored to feel like Incubi.

Modelwise you'd need to do something, which is probably a bit of a pain considering they're all metal. Maybe give them klaives instead of their power swords? That would at least signify them as markedly different than Banshees.

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 10:39

Actually, the Banshees I have are in Finecast. It was a November release I think, came out along with Warp Spiders.

I am currently considering using the ton of wych knives and general daggers I have laying around to make something similar to the bladed racks the Incubi have. Perhaps a dagger/spike on their right shoulderpad as well.

As for klaives... I honestly don't know how that would work on anyone but Banshee Exarch model, as I'd most likely have to hack off their shuriken pistol arms, something I don't want to do as I really like the Banshee models as they are. They'll have to stick with their power swords and be considered inferior by other Incubi for not using klaives, I suppose.

Archon_Kaliraax
Hellion
Archon_Kaliraax

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 06:29

Well fluffwise I think Striking Scorpions would be a better fit, as Incubi are supposedly descended from them. Dont know about the models though, that would be alot of converting!
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2012, 09:12

It probably takes highish upper-body strength to lift the massive klaives they have even with the assist of the armours power packs, probably beyond the strength of even a well trained female. The fluff said they train in every weapon type, but I suspect that they would need to be able to lift the iconic weapon of the incubi or else not be excepted.

Please do not reply to threads that have been inactive for over a month. Thanks - Cavash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Female Incubi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female Incubi?   Female Incubi? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female Incubi?
Page 1 of 1