THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi

Go down 
+4
Burnage
RedRegicide
The Strange Dark One
Mppqlmd
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi Empty
PostSubject: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 16:31

Poisoned weapon rule : "This weapon wounds on 4+, unless it targets a vehicle or a super-heavy, in which case it wounds on 6+" (translated)

So poisoned doesn't work anymore against super-heavies.

Shaimeshi blades : "Poisoned weapon. Add 2 to the wound rolls made by this weapon unless it targets a vehicle. Every 6+ to wound with this weapon, unless against a vehicle, will deal a mortal wound in addition to other damage".

So Shaimeshi blades wound Super-heavies on 6+ (because poison), but get +2 to wound them, AND keep the mortal wounds. So Lhaemeans can wound on 4+ against super-heavies that aren't vehicles, and will deal 1 MW everytime they wound (on 4+). This also applies to other "2+ poisoned" weapons like ossefactors and such.

A wraithknight has 24 wounds and 3+ save. 4 Lhamaeans will attack him 8 times, hit 6.6 times (on 2+, with no Archon), then deal 3.85 MW (because of the Poisone Tongue reroll) and 3.85 wounds which will be reduced to 1.2.

4 Lhameans will deal 5 damage to a Wraithknight in a single round. It takes 19 Lhameans to OS a WK in a single assault (without any Archon buff). That's (only) 288pts, will the WK is AT LEAST 436 points.

This is silly Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 16:39

And you only need 5 detachments, along with 5 Archons to field 19 of them.

As on the "you need a 4+ to score a mortal wound", I think that will get FAQed to read "you need an unmodified 6+ to score a MW". I'm sure this is an oversight on GW's part.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 16:58

so wait, poison got nerfed vs wraith knights and deamon primarchs? That's half the reason i still took it lol
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 17:00

Quote :

As I said : "This is silly" Very Happy

Quote :
As on the "you need a 4+ to score a mortal wound", I think that will get FAQed to read "you need an unmodified 6+ to score a MW". I'm sure this is an oversight on GW's part.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't like speculating on GW's intents (that's a lie, I love to do so). But right now the rules are pretty clear, and pretty ridiculous.

Quote :
so wait, poison got nerfed vs wraith knights and deamon primarchs? That's half the reason i still took it lol

Do you consider dividing your offense by 3 a nerf ? If yes, then yes ^^
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 17:31

The Strange Dark One wrote:

I'm not sure it will get FAQed. As you note, running too many Court models is already incredibly restricted and it's not like other armies don't have access to mortal wounds that are considerably easier to dish out.
Back to top Go down
AshCrow
Hellion
AshCrow

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 18:14

Only slightly off topic, since poison isn't good vs super heavy what are you guys using vs primarch? Flooding the board with blasters and dark light? It's a shame poison is 6+
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 18:14

Quote :

Do you consider dividing your offense by 3 a nerf ? If yes, then yes ^^[/quote]

Hahahaha, i'm just so surprised this wasn't addressed until now. I don't know if i feel like bothering with it now, dissies are the new titan killers
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 18:22

I understand what you mean, but honestly dont compare anything to a Wraithknight, its 100pts over costed, and you didnt add the Archon points either, at least add 1 for the aura.
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 19:57

Neither Mortarion nor Magnus have the Titanic keyword, so it's basically just Wraithknights that our poison got nerfed against.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 20:07

mynamelegend wrote:
Neither Mortarion nor Magnus have the Titanic keyword, so it's basically just Wraithknights that our poison got nerfed against.

Edit: Ignore, it is "Titanic" that poison doesn't work against.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 20:31

mynamelegend wrote:

I'm pretty okay with that then. What are wraith knight invuln saves like?
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
PartZebra

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 20:44

I was talking about Lhameans and how I'm really excited to use them in another thread, but I didn't notice this interaction with super-heavies and vehicles :O

Now I wanna use them even more!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 20:48

RedRegicide wrote:
mynamelegend wrote:

I'm pretty okay with that then. What are wraith knight invuln saves like?

5++
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi   Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poisoned, Super heavies and Shaimeshi
Page 1 of 1