THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Super, Super Heavies

Go down 
+4
CptMetal
Sigmaril
Count Adhemar
mrmagoo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Super, Super Heavies Empty
PostSubject: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 15:32

Ok, I know how to deal with Knights and the like. What do you do against things like BRASS SCORPIAN? I am going to a tourney tomorrow and I know one will be there.

I had purchased 7 FireDragons(from Ebay) to Deep Strike with Archon w\Blaster to deal with this but its been 3 weeks and the package still hasn't shipped. So What are your thoughts. There is going to be 30 people at the tourney so my fingers crossed that I don't play him but that is likely not to happen.

I will have 5 Trueborn in a raider with Archon but not sure that would kill that thing before dieing.

So thoughts?

VoidRaven Bomber?
Razorwing?

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 15:48

The Voidraven and Razorwing are barely going to scratch that thing. Sadly, neither are the Trueborn. Haywire is probably your best bet. Got any Scourges?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:00

Yes, I do have a squad of Scourges w\Haywire.  

Unfortunately this guy really basis everything around this dang thing.  

Starts it on a SkyShield landing pad for the 4+ INV save.

He Allies Daemons w\ Chaos and takes the Grimwar and always puts it on the Brass Scorpion for the 3+ INV save and tries to keep it under Cursed Earth.   A lot of the time he has a 2+ INV save.

The one time I have played this in the past, he hid everything else behind cover and let the scorpion do all the work.  Shooting Big 4 guns at 4 targets just tore me up.

The trueborn will be coming because they will do good against the knights that will be there using the Raider trick.

Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:08

Don't waste a single shot on it. You will not get it down anyway, and any effort would be in vain. Instead kill what else he has as support, and focus on the mission.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:08

First priority must be to kill whatever has the Grimoire and then whatever is casting Cursed Earth. With a 2++ save I don't know of anything other than D-weapons that can even hope to deal with the Scorpion.

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:22

Thanks both of you.

That is what I did in our last game.

He won Primary
I won maelstrom
He got 2 of the 3 Bonus.
I got 1 of the 3 Bonus

Giving him the win.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:25

Maybe use multiple with Haywire Grenades in close combat? Or does he get the landing pad save there too? Or witches and keep it busy?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:27

CptMetal wrote:
Maybe use multiple with Haywire Grenades in close combat? Or does he get the landing pad save there too? Or witches and keep it busy?

Shooting only for the 4++. But it's going to take a lot of melee attacks to get rid of it and it's got d3+2 stomps each round on top of it's own attacks.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:29

But if the pad is filled with his guys, maybe he shouldn't stomp. And every round you tie him up you got more time killing the rest.

Can the pad be destroyed?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 16:35

No unfortunately it cant be attacked.   He doesn't put anything on the pad with it.   They are usually near by.   Since he gets to place the pad he usually puts it near something he can hide troops behind.  Pink horrors.  

Yea in HTH it gets so many attacks + d3+2 Stomp attacks.     Squad of Wyche's wouldn't last 1 round.  Sad  I actually thought about that one.

I can hope the grimwar fails him the round the scourge and trueborn come in.

Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 20:41

Have you thought of punching out the daemon hq that has the grimoire and casts "cursed earth"?
Depends what the hq is, but unless its fateweaver (which i doubt) you can WWP in, kill the hq and then the scorpion is reduced to a 5++ and slighly more vunrable to your shooting.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28 2015, 23:51

That is a good idea but there is no killing it our right. He had a herald in a squad of pink horrors. Last time it was hidden behind a huge rock in his deployment zone. Squad of Grotesques deep struck and was ready to charge but he turned the Scorpian around and wiped them out.

Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 01:20

Hmmm. That does make it a bit harder. And I assume the herald will always be within 12" of the scorpion for the grimoire to work so you'll be open to the scorpion charging.
Still, it has to be easier to neutralize T3 models. Multiple deep strikers to hit the horrors and to prevent the scorpion destroying both? Armour of Misery to mess up leadership? Culexus Assassin if you have one?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 06:05

Can you do the freakshow bomb against the Herald? You can do that the turn you arrive. An Archangel, Armour of Misery and three grotesquerie grotesques in a WWP Raider. Maybe add a Phantasm weapon to the boat and you're good to go. As far as I know, demons aren't fearless. If you want to be sure, get some Liquifier too and kill this squat. And after that, his save could be manageable.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 06:37

Having seen one of these things - I doubt it would fit on the landing pad at all - you do mean the greater brass scorpion from FW yes?
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 08:13

Massaen wrote:
Having seen one of these things - I doubt it would fit on the landing pad at all - you do mean the greater brass scorpion from FW yes?

As the happy owner of a brass scorpion, I reckon it'd fit. The legs are jointed, and you can set them closer to the torso. I'll add a pic for scale later.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 08:38

Did I mention miss it or did nobody mention wraith guard? Fight him with D weapons. Would that be possible?
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 08:50

Daemons are kinda Fearless, "DAEMONIC INSTABILITY - Units with this special rule automatically pass Fear, Pinning and Morale tests" But I think Soulfright will still work on them.

D weapons are well and good, but will only strip a max of 4 HPs (1 for the pen, and +d3 I think)
Scorpion also has IWND.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 10:15

No. It's D3 Hull points in a 2-5 and 6 + D6 hull points without any saves on a 6. How many hull points does it have?
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 10:55

My bad.

It has 9 hull points.

Maybe a squad of Wraithguard with WWp Archon then. Drop in and hope you knock it out.

Magoo, you got a squad of Wraithguard lying around you can use?
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 12:32

Revenant. That is all Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 13:35

flakmonkey wrote:
Daemons are kinda Fearless, "DAEMONIC INSTABILITY - Units with this special rule automatically pass Fear, Pinning and Morale tests" But I think Soulfright will still work on them.

D weapons are well and good, but will only strip a max of 4 HPs (1 for the pen, and +d3 I think)
Scorpion also has IWND.

Yes, but that isn't the same as Fearless. Specifically, Soulfright wounds can still be applied to them.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 13:45

ACtually no I dont. Untill recently I was strictly Pure DE, I have just started purchasing Eldar. Wraithguard are on my list but no good for this tourney. I bought a Squad of Firedragon on Ebay but the seller has messed up and I havent gotten them yet. Ordered 3 weeks ago.

I like the fear bomb idea on the herald. Deamons are not fearless, they auto pass there test which means they would be suseptable to the Aranchel of pain. Rules for the Archangel say Models with the Fearless and the they shall know no fear special rule are immune. This doesnt include Deamons.

I like it, think i am going to try it. This would work well against gaurd as well and we have a bunch of them in this meta.

Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 13:53

Just be aware that if he's playing his Daemons "right" they will have a 2+ Invuln save, rerolling 1's. making those Ld bombs fairly impotent
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29 2015, 13:56

He can only have one grimwar if its not on the Scorpian that the Trueborn will take a few points. He will still have a decent inv save but hey still have to try. I will be throwing in 2 Flamers to help with that as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super, Super Heavies   Super, Super Heavies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super, Super Heavies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next