THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Dawnless Day

Go down 
+4
Lord Asvaldir
CptMetal
RedRegicide
Lyijysiipi
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clively
Sybarite
clively

Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2018, 19:15

The base on that flyer is fantastic.

Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2018, 21:12

Thank you. Nice to hear the effort paid off. Very Happy Eventually I have to get around to painting the Voidraven, I do have an idea of what I wanna do with its base but I need to focus on Wych cult before that.
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2018, 14:03

Been a while since an update with content but I this Saturday morn, some 6 am, finished my Coven head Haemonculus, name pending. I'm rather how she turned out. She is also pretty kitbashed. Pictures and rundown on the follow-up post. First I wanted to share a iffy picture of a game I recently had, and lost, but I took the opportunity to take a (small) army picture. Feels kinda good to see the work that went into it on the table. I'm a terrible player anyway so I don't carry very much fear of defeat and enjoy the game as long as something dies on the field, be it mine or the opponents. Very Happy

Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180610
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2018, 14:25

Well then, the Headmistress of my Coven forces, still not settled on the name of either Coven or the characters within Very Happy. Anyway, here's 3 pics of her. First is the base-coated model and afterwards 2 pics, both back and front profile. She was kitbashed using the Mistweaver as the base, knife-gauntlets from Tenebrael Shard, 2 lower arms from the Wracks kit, added greenstuff made flesh/spine-back extension to cover and support those lower arms, the skull is from the-best-skull-collection-ever (so glad I bought that kit) the door underfoot is from Sector Imperialis set and lastly the space merinque helmet from your standard space merinque tactical squad kit. I had tons of fun converting and planing her. Painting her was very enjoyable despite having to fight with the screaming skull edge highlighting (I both love and hate that I chose that as feature in my army's scheme Very Happy). Also I'm going to give the rest of the Coven white cloaks as well, because why make it easy. Haha. I think I used some 9 hours to paint her. Despite the small things I can still repair in her paint I am very satisfied how she turned out.

Prepaint Pic:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180611

Front Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180617

Back Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180616
Back to top Go down
RedBaron109
Slave
RedBaron109

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2018, 17:36

Nice kitbash and paintjob on your Headmistress! Really like the dynamism of this model. It's a bit confusing (for me) to identify each weapon held in the four different arms on the frontal view. By the way i really enjoy this model.
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09 2018, 17:56

The upper limbs weapons aren't really 'defined' as any particular weaponry. I used them because I liked how they'd look on the model and I can reasonable argue they are Haemonculus tools, the left lower arms is your typical agoniser (can act as electrocorrosive whip) and the lower right arm holds a stinger pistol (can be played as a relic pistol). Won't be WYSIWYG in all situations but I kitted her out with the most typical load-out I'd use. In my headcannon she uses those sharp claws as her surgeon instruments. Although I could also claim they are a mindphase- or fleshgauntlet or even 'scissorhands'. I do not know why'd I'd ever play them as such but at least I got the option. And if I ever feel like goofing off I'll say they represent an Ichor Injector, as if the long index claws have been
hollowed out. Very Happy

TL:DR: Upper arm weapons: Haemonculus tools, Lower Left arm: Agoniser and Lower Right arm: Stinger Pistol.
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01 2018, 20:34

Well it has been a while since I painted a thing. This time I painted something I had no intention of painting, well at least not yet. I remember rambling about being about to paint some 500pts of Cult. Well, that went way of the skyboard Archons, collision with unforeseen, or jealous, obstruction and the redrawing of plans. Now I've actually played a grand total of 6 games of 8th edition, 1 in May, 2 in June and 3 today in a casual local tourney. I've won one. My hazardous pledge to only play what I've painted left me with list of 1000 pts geared more towards MEQ than anything else. Against popular trends and statistics turns out that isn't a good thing, at least for me. In my local scene Spess Marinques are an anomaly. Closest thing is the Death Guard. Like in today's tourney. 14 active players, 1 player with ordinary Marinque and 1 Grey Knight. As many Dark Eldar players as Spess Marinques. Funnily, I faced those Grey knights in my 3rd round, the only game I've won, tabled him. I'm a horrid player so losing isn't much of a surprise. This tangent has a point in it, somewhere. I need bubble wrap. Also I found enough money to invest in a Feldherr backpack, already had a 'satchelpack'-variant which I can cram the boats into. Needed to round up with something to carry troops and monsters. So I needed some dimensions. No monsters or or pain engines were assembled. Which makes it rather hard to know how deep foam one ought to purchase. Thus from these two needs formed the shift of timetables. I needed Coven. Build 2 Taloi, a Cronos, and then converted 6 Grotesques. So I was able to measure out what foams I needed in the backpack. And furthermore this Saturday I painted the first one. Being a greedy person with little self-preservation in painting I rather liked the look of the high definition muscle mapping on the Wracks. So I had to try and recreate it on the Grots. However unlike the stock Wracks, Crypt Horrors don't have much in the way muscle definition in the model naturally.

Free hand it is then.

So little in the way of self-preservation. Very Happy

So my 'little' estimation of 4 hours per Grot changed to closer to 11 hours per Grot. But I did paint the first one, also haphazardly threw it in the local gamingstore painting competition. Will not win it, but I will very much be amused if it gains a singular vote. Very Happy

Rambles rambled, here are 3 Pics of that Grot:

Front Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180710

Side Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180711

Otherside Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180712
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2018, 15:09

Greetings again, another hiatus. This time excuses were the 2 week vacation at me folks spire, dodging the knives and back-stabbings is something more enjoyable with long lasting enmities to enhance them. Other than that I took note requisitioning (painting) has become more cumbersome as the slaves and menials keep on complaining heat exhaustion apparently affects their work flow, and precision. Weaklings. Well At least one of the Incubi finally decided to show up, something about the heat exhaustion again. Well this one was able to at least show up so he/she(?), never can tell with their unisex armor - to be fair how anyone in this society could keep track of "what" anyone or anything is supposed to be is beyond me. Thanks the Flesh Covens for that. Thus sidestep it by not acknowledging their existences anyway anyways. HAH! -, cough, so they will be the Klaivex. If the latecomers don't like it they can duel for the spot. Although, that might delay getting a fighting cell of Incubi further.... That is why employing a Coven comes in handy, there is a reset option.

Well yeah I noticed that this heat really does complicate painting a bit, paint tends to solidify in mere seconds, the mix tends to separate faster. But Still felt the urge to paint and wanted to try paint something and I wasn't feeling continuing the Grots just yet. So I wondered if I'd test out painting a prototype of a Incubi. Hadn't any of them yet. Wanted also to put more effort than the standard line infantry. Resolved the paint time, in man-hours, would be a round 5-6 hours per Incubi. I an rather happy with how the Klaivex turned out. Took 3 pics of them:

Front Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180713

Side Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180715

Back Profile:
Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 20180714
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Dawnless Day   Kabal of the Dawnless Day - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Dawnless Day
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2