THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Carnival of Flesh

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pistacchior
Slave
Pistacchior

The Carnival of Flesh Empty
PostSubject: The Carnival of Flesh   The Carnival of Flesh I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 20:38

This is the list that i want to build and play with my friends. I usually play in a semi-competitive environment with casuals and players that want to win at all cost. I opted for a Coven/cult list to have both resiliency and speed and because i love models.

Battalion Detachment +5 CP
Prophet of flesh

HQ:
2x Haemonculus: Crucible, Ichor injector, Electrocorrosive whip, Splinter pistol [76 pts]

Troops:
10x Wracks: Electrocorrosive whip, 2x ossefactor [110 pts]

Elites:
6x Grotesques (vanilla) [210 pts]

Heavy support:
Talos: Flails, Scalpel, Stinger pod [97 pts]

Outrider Detachment +1 CP
Cult of Red Grief

HQ:
Succubus: Agoniser, Glaive [54 pts]

Fast Attack:

3x Reavers: Heat lance [69 pts]
3x Reavers: Heat lance [69 pts]
5x Scourges : 4x Dark lance [140 pts]

Air wing Detachment +1 CP
Kabal of the flayed skull

Razorwing : 2x dissies, Rifle [135 pts]

Total: 7+3 CP 2000 pts
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: The Carnival of Flesh   The Carnival of Flesh I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2018, 22:00

If you want to make this competitive there’s a lot I would change.
1st, the airwing should probably be black heart so you can use AoV,, get 6+++ etc.
2, you have no transports for wracks which just feels wrong.
3, your scourge are probably equipped with the 2nd to worst option, if you want the anti tank, switch them all to blasters which saves you 36 points there alone.
4, heat lances on reavers? Heat lance should never be taken as it’s roll is questionable, they are better off being naked.
5, if you’re running prophets take urien for the love of god, he makes those talos so nasty, if you don’t, you’re wrong..
6. It seems like you want staying power and speed but this just doesn’t seem to hit the mark,. I’d take the required 3, 5 man wrack squads for your battalion then put the rest into more grotesques/talos.
7, 2x3 reavers is not going to do the job you’re wanting it to, there’s just not enough there.
8. You need redundancy
Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: The Carnival of Flesh   The Carnival of Flesh I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 00:58

I don't really field Scourges much anymore but it seems to me the best ways to use them are:

Killing small stuff: Stock Shardcarbines. Maybe Shredders if you're feeling fancy but honestly the carbines should do it just fine and they leave you with points to spare.

Killing big stuff: Blasters (expensive) or Haywire Blasters (cheap but specifically for vehicles).

I tend to stay away from the Dark Lances unless they're on vehicles personally. Paying that many points for a gun that will statistically miss half the time isn't really ideal.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: The Carnival of Flesh   The Carnival of Flesh I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 16:12

30 wracks seems like a lot, especially when in a coven list they are not the ones dealing the damage. You really need more grots/talos to take care of the damage dealing. If you drop down to 20 wracks that's enough for another talos or maybe a raider for the grots.

As others have suggested I'd also drop the dark lances on the scourges. Going down to blasters on two units and haywire on the third would save you some pts. I'd also save a little more pts by dropping heatlances on the reavers, not very useful for such a small unit. I'd then probably give at least some of your razorwings dark lances to add a little more anti-tank to the list.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: The Carnival of Flesh   The Carnival of Flesh I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 16:39

I agree with Lord Asvaldir. I would drop to 15-20 wracks and get either more fire power or more offence like grots. And maybe a boat

PostSubject: Re: The Carnival of Flesh   The Carnival of Flesh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Carnival of Flesh
Page 1 of 1