THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
3D
Hellion
3D

1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... Empty
PostSubject: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 08:07

.... could this work? Has it been tried? I own a speedy, Venom heavy DE and feel sad everytime I look at a DE Tourney list as they all look the same, give or take.

Here is my take on it, what do you think?

HQ

Urien Rakarth 190

Haemonculus
Scissorhand 65

Haemonculus

Flesh Gauntlet 70

Elite

6 x Grotesques 1 Liquifer gun + St6 Upgrade 280
Abberation Flesh Gauntlet

5 x Grotesques 1 Liquifer gun + St6 Upgrade 235
Abberation Scissorhand

4 x Grotesques 1 Liquifer gun + St6 Upgrade 195
Abberation Scissorhand

Troops

5 x Wracks 1 Liquifer gun 90
Acothyst Flesh Gauntlet

Acothyst Flesh Gauntlet

Acothyst Flesh Gauntlet

Acothyst Flesh Gauntlet

Acothyst Flesh Gauntlet

Heavy Support

Talos
Chain-Flails + Additional Close combat weapon + T/L Heat lance 135

Talos
TL Liqufier gun + Additional Close combat weapon + T/L Heat lance 120

Chronos
Probe + Vortex 110

Thats 1850 on the nose of a lot of pain. Am I right in thinking that the Grot units would start with two pain tokens, as that's where the Heamies go? So the Grots are St 7 on the charge?

I realise that it will take a severe amount of punishment on the way in, and its a long slow slog but I really dont feel transporting them in sleek, Raiders and Venoms fits the feel of this army.

Course the next problem will be, where am I going to get 15 Grotesques from lol

Please let me know what you think!

santa Happy Christmas to all of you!

Last edited by 3D on Fri Dec 23 2011, 10:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anch_io
Slave

1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 09:11

3D wrote:
Course the next problem will be, where am I going to get 15 Grotesques from

Buy some old OOP Grotesques (they were 3 per blister) and put them on the large bases, some converting and voila! - legal unit for tournaments Smile

About the list, I'm not sure If it could work. I think you'll need the WWP and its delivery system to be at least somewhat competitive, but heck, it seems like a fun list and I would definitely play it...
Back to top Go down
http://zaigrana-koza.com/
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 09:30

I would drop the acothysts with flesh gauntlets. More wracks would probably be more effective, since they will take more casultys on way to enemy. The flesh gauntlet also won't help in most cases, since you lose two ccw bonus and they are already 4+ poison.

same points for
10 x Wracks 2 Liquifer gun 120
10 x Wracks 2 Liquifer gun 120
8x Wracks 1 Liquifer gun 90
5 x Wracks 1 Liquifer gun 60
5 x Wracks 1 Liquifer gun 60

The cronos has talos upgrades listed, I'm guessing its just a copy/paste error.

Last edited by abjectus on Fri Dec 23 2011, 09:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Back to top Go down
3D
Hellion
3D

PostSubject: Re: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 10:28

Oh yes, sorry Probe and vortex .... now fixed.

Ah good catch on the Flesh Gauntlet ... Has anyone seen this sort of army, just bodies ( well kind of) no transports. Maybe a webway would make it faster and keep to my theme.
Back to top Go down
3D
Hellion
3D

PostSubject: Re: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 10:34

anch_io wrote:
3D wrote:
Course the next problem will be, where am I going to get 15 Grotesques from

Buy some old OOP Grotesques (they were 3 per blister) and put them on the large bases, some converting and voila! - legal unit for tournaments Smile

Surely they would be too puny, I was thinking Rat Ogres or even Ogre bulls, with some mods.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 10:45

Didn't they use this sort of type of army in one of the white dwarf issues? Otherwise looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23 2011, 11:57

Hey Pete,

I share your pain with the DE lists, I field much more fun and varied lists against my mates than in tournaments.

I think thats a fun themed list, but for tournaments I don't think it could work without WWP's. I reckon it would get shot up too easily as it made it's way across the table. Take my latest idea for a 1750 list with 31 darklight weapons as an example. 31 shots at your grots, 21 hits, 17 wounds ignoring FnP, thats 5 dead. If you are getting cover saves then you'll be moving even more slowly across the table. The problem is that I can't see you getting near to the 12 skimmers before the grots would be gone. I reckon I would have at least 2 probably 3 turns of that shooting. The poison from the venoms would be working on the HS sections as they advance trying to get rid of the HL's before they get in melta range.
I'm also thinking about how it would deal with Kev's BAngels. If he takes out the HS section before they reach him, you can't open his raiders up and he can just whittle you away.

If there was WWP's in there I think it would be viable but without I think it will just be too slow.
I'd play against it anytime though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...   1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 of Pure Carnival of flesh, non of your sleek transports or anything ...
Page 1 of 1