THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?    Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 22:11

I was reading through my codex and came across the Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper. From the wiki:

"A notable Dark Eldar Kabal whose methods in battle are perhaps the strangest of all. Their members keep their faces shrouded at all times and are reputed to traffic heavily with the Mandrakes of Aelindrach. Raids by this Kabal are nightmarish affairs, tides of shadow proceeding their advance while chill-eyed horrors stalk the darkness with blades in hand."

I really like the sound of this Kabal and want to make it the theme of my army, but the above is basically all the information I've found about it so far.

Does anyone know anything more about it?

Either way, any suggestions on how to best represent it in terms of models and paint scheme?

Also, from a game perspective, any thoughts on which of the Kabals would best represent it in terms of Obsession, Relics, Warlord Traits etc.?

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?    Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 23:29

I'd try to mystify every weapon and gun. Make a warrior a guy with a skull as a hand shooting shadows. See attached link

http://eyeoferror.blogspot.de/2012/09/dark-eldar-mandrake-proxies-painted.html?m=1

And maybe try this with all of your technology.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?    Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 13:04

CptMetal wrote:
I'd try to mystify every weapon and gun. Make a warrior a guy with a skull as a hand shooting shadows. See attached link

http://eyeoferror.blogspot.de/2012/09/dark-eldar-mandrake-proxies-painted.html?m=1

And maybe try this with all of your technology.

Oh, wow, I wish I had the time and skill to make an entire army of those.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see what I can do.

Are you thinking that I should aim for that sort of paint scheme, or would something different work better?

RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?    Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 14:34

That’s cool!

Shrouded face? Biker helms on all your kab? Or are you thinking more in paint scheme?

Black seems like an important colour, but I think you’ll want others so that they don’t look boring. Try for a dark coloured armour with black shading? Navy blue, dark purple etc?

You can create shadow mist using cotton swabs. That’s what I did for my cheap-custom mandrakes

Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?    Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 15:04

Black is the obvious choice for a Mandrake themed Kabal. But not just any black, I think this would be the perfect place for Black 2.0.

https://www.amazon.com/Stuart-Semple-mattest-flattest-acrylic/dp/B0758GKKGZ

I've never seen it used on a model before, but I feel like a coat of that with ethereal green highlights on the model would create an incredibly spooky effect for relatively little effort.

As for the Kabal to run them as? I'm thinking Poisoned Tongue. Not for the reroll wound, but the Redeploy Stratagem and Soul Seeker are about as close to Mandrakes as you can reasonably get

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?    Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 16:04

RedRegicide wrote:
That’s cool!

Shrouded face? Biker helms on all your kab? Or are you thinking more in paint scheme?

Both, really.

Biker helms is a good idea, though. They're already one of my favourite DE heads. Twisted Evil

RedRegicide wrote:

Black seems like an important colour, but I think you’ll want others so that they don’t look boring. Try for a dark coloured armour with black shading? Navy blue, dark purple etc?

Okay, I'll give that a try. Are you thinking of using Nuln Oil for the shading?

RedRegicide wrote:

You can create shadow mist using cotton swabs. That’s what I did for my cheap-custom mandrakes

Ah, I'll give that a go. Thanks very much.

I wonder if I can create the impression of thick mist or fog clinging to the top deck of my Raiders?

TheBaconPope wrote:
Black is the obvious choice for a Mandrake themed Kabal. But not just any black, I think this would be the perfect place for Black 2.0.

https://www.amazon.com/Stuart-Semple-mattest-flattest-acrylic/dp/B0758GKKGZ

I've never seen it used on a model before, but I feel like a coat of that with ethereal green highlights on the model would create an incredibly spooky effect for relatively little effort.

I hadn't heard of that before. I need to get a new can of black spray soon anyway, so I'll try that and see what it's like. Thanks very much.

TheBaconPope wrote:
As for the Kabal to run them as? I'm thinking Poisoned Tongue. Not for the reroll wound, but the Redeploy Stratagem and Soul Seeker are about as close to Mandrakes as you can reasonably get

That makes a lot of sense. Cheers. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?    Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Thirteenth Whisper?
Page 1 of 1