THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Weird Conversion Things

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Weird Conversion Things Empty
PostSubject: Weird Conversion Things   Weird Conversion Things I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 16:18

I hadn't planned to post here again, but then I came across these and thought a few of you might get a kick out of them:

Spoiler:

I know they're not DE models (being made from Necron, Tyranid and IG bits), but I thought they fitted in with the whole torture and body-horror/alteration theme.

Could maybe work as Medusae with a bit more modification to the heads.
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: Weird Conversion Things   Weird Conversion Things I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2018, 21:10

Honestly this could be a fantastic theme for an entire covens army. Wracks with IG or human heads that have tubes clogging their mouths; pain engines or grotesques cobbled together from multiple human "batteries"--I love it! Great find!

I'm incorporating this sort of thing into my own army--check out the voidraven in the thread linked in my sig.

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Weird Conversion Things   Weird Conversion Things I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2018, 22:35

zelatar wrote:
Honestly this could be a fantastic theme for an entire covens army. Wracks with IG or human heads that have tubes clogging their mouths; pain engines or grotesques cobbled together from multiple human "batteries"--I love it! Great find!

Thanks. Smile

I'd originally made them to serve as IG Astropaths, in an army that would hopefully feature lots of augmented stuff. The idea was that of humans turned into single-function creatures. Astropaths only really need their heads, so those are the only part of them that's maintained.

However, on reflection, they seemed like something that might work better in a DE or Necrons, as guardsmen who are being tortured or converted in some way. And it had nothing whatsoever with me not wanting to convert eleventy-billion guardsmen to fit the theme. Wink

zelatar wrote:

I'm incorporating this sort of thing into my own army--check out the voidraven in the thread linked in my sig.

Your conversions are really fantastic. I love both your ideas and the execution of such. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird Conversion Things   Weird Conversion Things I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird Conversion Things
Page 1 of 1